Spell Intensity and damage% rings - what do they do?

I've been finding a lot of rings with these effects. What do they actually do, I guess spell intensity just effects spell based CAs. But the rings with damage:Magic 6% etc. what do they actually do?

Though the +% damage mods don't affect damage converters (eg, lava chunks), as the +% damage mods are applied before the damage conversion.

Well that explains why I haven't noticed any difference when adding it with magic pearl. I take it that the damage % increases when you get to higher levels the same as other amulet/rings etc. Not seen much of a increase yet. Also would it be better to use the Spell intensity version rings for HE rather than the fire damage % version if going with the Pyro HE?

You could put on a spell intensity ring and hit a monster type and note how much damage. Then switch to fire % and note the damage. There is probably some variability but several tests can help.

Spell intensity opposes spell resistance (which stems from willpower) just as attack opposes defense. Unlike attack and defense you cannot entirely resist the spell, but there is a chance it does less damage.

I would recommend a mixture of intensity and % fire damage.

Spell intensity opposes spell resistance (which stems from willpower) just as attack opposes defense. Unlike attack and defense you cannot entirely resist the spell, but there is a chance it does less damage.

Question on this claudius: My Dragon Mage yesterday was using mind strike against a variety of different enemies (grunts, champs, and minibosses) and I notice that it seems to miss sometimes, just like a weapon attack would. Not sure if that is unique to the dragon mage, but any idea what affects the hit chance? Unless the enemies spell resist is so high that it actually blocks the entire spell, and then doesn't other times?

You could put on a spell intensity ring and hit a monster type and note how much damage. Then switch to fire % and note the damage. There is probably some variability but several tests can help.

I would recommend a mixture of intensity and % fire damage.

Using both makes sense I guess. Spell intensity to lower enemies resistance and fire damage % to increase overal damage, I'll try both to see if it makes a difference.