Weapon attacks - which modifiers are affecting them

I remembered my collection from a discussion in GSF about melee elves. At melee elves, but even at astral shadow warriors and archangel wrath Seraphim there is always the question if the character needs a weapon skill. Because many of the modifiers brought by a weapon lore are not valid in this case. So here the table, I hope it is correct for the AddOn.

There are 5 different weapon hits on a target:
N: normal attack ,left click
T: weapon combat art which can be modified by tactic lore
S: weapon combat art which can modified by a magical lore: f.e. magic coup
E: Explosion damage from a combat art: f.e. magic coup gold mod
M: Explosion from weapon modifier: hit more enemies found on polearms and on phial (cm-patch)

Weapon lore							 NTSEM
attack speed							yyn--
fixed attack value					  yyy--
douplehits at mastery				   ynn--
too high weapon level malus			 yyn--

Alchemy								 NTSEM
troll tooth: x% attack value			yyy--
leather hat: attack speed			   ynn--
demon tooth: regeneration per hit	   yyyyy

Skills								  NTSEM
ancient magic						   nnnnn
combat discipline					   nyyyn
tactic lore							 yyn*y *explosion from a T

Equipment							   NTSEM
regeneration per hit					yyyyy
attack speed							ynn--
casting speed						   nyy--
enemy can't evade					   yyy--
-enemy chance to evade				  yyy--
x% or fixes life leech				  yyyyy
x% or fixed attack value				yyy--

There were some discussions if attack speed from equipment is really affecting weapon Combat Arts.

animation speed of certain weapons

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12910

cap of attack speed

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14795

Edited by chattius

combat arts either tactics or other dont produce double hits with say sword mastery. Only way is with a mod for double hit such as spectral hand gold mod.

One thing I don't know how to read in the table:

When attack speed is penalized because of too high weapon, then the "attack speed" of Magic Coup was not decreased with a melee elf. Of course, left-click attacks were slower. For example, the animation of Magic Coup did not matter if attack speed was 80% or 100%, I assume it was because the "attack speed" was using the execution speed from Delphic Lore. I would assume the same for Spectral Hand and Archangels Wrath.

Two of the things I thought I couldn't get around were the "weapon level without penalty" and "armour level without penalty". For both of these, I had thought for a long time that only the related skills can help with these penalties. I was happy to discover that the movement speed penalty from too high armour is circumvented by using a mount (unique or horse...) and the attack speed penalty can be avoided by using Magic Coup with a high-level Delphic Lore to increase the "attack speed".

too high weapon level malus yyn--

The n at S for Combat Arts modified by spell lores means that an attack speed malus caused by a too high weapon level doesn't matter for magic coup, archangel wrath and spectral hand.

too high weapon level malus yyn--

The n at S for Combat Arts modified by spell lores means that an attack speed malus caused by a too high weapon level doesn't matter for magic coup, archangel wrath and spectral hand.

Gotcha. I don't know what I was thinking when I was reading that line, I definitely didn't see it that way :)