Chart that recomends how many runes for a combat art read for a specific level?

Hi!-

Just a quick question on runes and effects on regen times. Is there a chart that recomends how many runes for a combat art should be read for a specific level, or is this just something a player feels out and if it works for them? I'am very new to the game and have found the fourms here very good to help me learn more about building a character. I see lots of builds show to keep some combat arts regens very low to continually attack with them every few seconds. of course I started playing before reading all this and was reading runes like mad scientist! Does the focus of each combat disipline help reduce this regen time. Any help with Rune reading or some kind of guide to play by would be helpful. As this is my first character and just feeling out the game just on bronze I know I have totally built my seraphin wrong but it is killing still fine just my favorite attacks do take so much time to use again.

Thanks!

There isn't really a set guide for how many to eat, generally you will want to stay at 1 early on and use socketables to increase your CA levels.

However, are you playing Ice & Blood? If you are, you can use RpH (Regen per hit) to reduce the regeneration time. This is a very useful modifier and will allow you to eat more runes early on. More info here: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...eration_per_hit

The focus for each of your Combat Arts will decrease the regeneration time. Check out this page for exactly how much: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Aspect_Focus

There is no specific chart that shows how many runes should be eaten for each level. Everyone's style of play is different and their approach to runes is also different. You can: eat enough runes to keep the regen time at the level you want (varies with character level and points put into certain skills), socket your favorite combat runes in armor and weapons to keep regen low, add skill points to the specific focus(es) you use to lower regen, add skill points to concentration to lower regen, equip items with decrease regen modifiers or combine any of these strategies. Most of the seasoned players use a combination of these to keep times low. Also, activating a buff will cause most CAs to increase in regen times except those that the buff specifically lowers, e.g. the High Elf's, fire demon buff lowers her times for pyromancer CAs. You may not have built your Seraphim wrong unless she doesn't work well for the style of play you prefer, melee, spell, or hybrid. You can post your build to date so we on the forum can advise on additional skills, etc?

I play on the Xbox 360 just for reference as I see it differs from the PC version, I will try to get an accurate update on my build once I get home as iam currently at work. So far iam around level 33 but didnt really have a set plan in action when I started as I was just learning the game so iam just playing this character at this time to learn the game map and quests maybe find items to help future characters that I start, I do like pelting strikes alot but it has a long regen time which was why I looked into the runes as when I started I thought I could just eat runes to learn alot get high level and be powerful lol well it works fine just takes along time to use again compared to what people say regen times they like to stay around, but the below info does help I will try to put points into my focus and concentration to get my regen time down some to help my play, currently this is a duel weild sara that iam working on, I will probably just try to take it as far along as I can. I will be back with my build as of far then later tonight.

Thanks!

There is no specific chart that shows how many runes should be eaten for each level. Everyone's style of play is different and their approach to runes is also different. You can: eat enough runes to keep the regen time at the level you want (varies with character level and points put into certain skills), socket your favorite combat runes in armor and weapons to keep regen low, add skill points to the specific focus(es) you use to lower regen, add skill points to concentration to lower regen, equip items with decrease regen modifiers or combine any of these strategies. Most of the seasoned players use a combination of these to keep times low. Also, activating a buff will cause most CAs to increase in regen times except those that the buff specifically lowers, e.g. the High Elf's, fire demon buff lowers her times for pyromancer CAs. You may not have built your Seraphim wrong unless she doesn't work well for the style of play you prefer, melee, spell, or hybrid. You can post your build to date so we on the forum can advise on additional skills, etc?

Very well said rnarchlord. :ninjastar:

For your Buffs, I suggest you use a buff suit instead of eating to runes. See here! And like dreeft mentioned Regen per Hit is awesome if your Pelting strikes has a long regen from eating runes. RpH is actually made for this purpose to allow us to use higher level Combat Arts and get the regens down with RpH.

Here is my build as of now:

Armor lore 12

sword weapons 23

Revered tech lore 6

Revered tech focus 7

Exalted warrior focus 24

duel wield 23

combat discipline 4

Any help with trying to rebalance out this char would be great as it was started before really looking up information on building a character. Iam just trying to play it as far as I can to learn the game better for when I start some new characters.

Armor lore 12

sword weapons 23

Revered tech lore 6

Revered tech focus 7

Exalted warrior focus 24

duel wield 23

combat discipline 4

Any help with trying to rebalance out this char would be great as it was started before really looking up information on building a character. Iam just trying to play it as far as I can to learn the game better for when I start some new characters.

well, my first recommendation would be to stop putting points in sword lore as it doesnt stack with dual wield. other than that, if pelting strikes regen is too high, dump points into exalted warrior focus. my seraphim is levl 59, I havent read many PS runes (9 I think) and my regen time with battle stance up is 2.7, in general I try to keep it below 3.0.

Armor lore 12

sword weapons 23

Revered tech lore 6

Revered tech focus 7

Exalted warrior focus 24

duel wield 23

combat discipline 4

You should pick up Concentration as points into that will also lower regen times as well allow you to use two buffs at the same time. If you don't eat too many buff runes the buff will not increase your regen times as much. With my seraphim I like to use Battle Stance and Cleansing Brilliance in areas with lots of undead and T-energy mobs. CB active with Radiant Pillar gets rid of dead and T-energy very fast. And definitely stop putting points into sword weapons as mainerunr suggested. Dual Wield negates any points into sword weapons so you are just wasting points.

Yeah I know I did wrong with the sword weapons part as I was playing before I really read anything to do with the game/chracter builds now iam just running this char along as far as I can fast just to learn the world on bronze maybe snag a few items for other characters I will start. I will work on putting some in concentration next lower my time and maybe get a few defensive skills.

Thanks!

Actually the sword weapons part isn't so bad since you're using a console, 360 I think you said it was. The main difference between PC and consoles, is in my opinion the effectiveness of sword and hafted lore. That is to say that as consolers we have the power to stack deep wounds and serious wounds, both of which can decimate opponents in no time at all. =) Just grab some Barsteward swords and pump your sword lore to get that deep wound bonus as high as possible and you'll be amazed at 1 hp enemies wandering into your path. Or more specifically, your bloodied fists, what with all the head bashing you'll be doing. Don't give up on swords just yet, they're quite useful after all. ^^;

A quick note.

In Ice and Blood (I am aware this is the 360 forum, so there is no way for people to read that), the developers have added a tip on the loading screen. They state that a combat art is considered appropriate if it is equal to 1/4 of the character level. If it is lower, it will have a better cooldown.

I, personally rarely follow the 1/4 rule. I usually go for 1/5, 1/6 or 1/8. This way I can spam the CA without any problems. granted, the damage is lower, but this way you can easily offset the need to wait before recasting - and that is especially valid for characters who do not have a buff/minibuff that reduces regeneration times.

Edited by Dobri
A quick note.

In Ice and Blood (I am aware this is the 360 forum, so there is no way for people to read that), the developers have added a tip on the loading screen. They state that a combat art is considered appropriate if it is equal to 1/4 of the character level. If it is lower, it will have a better cooldown.

Dobri - - you have time to read the loading screen? My PC system is overclocked to 4.2 and I barely see the loading screen leave lone read it! I know the actual screens are in one folder and the tips are in a different folder and are merged onscreen but I haven't figured out what folder the tips are in to read them. So based on the devs' tip the appropriate CA level for say a level 64 toon is 16. Guess my new level 30 seraphim is a bit greedy; she socketed and ate 14 Radiant Pillar runes. Like the way mobs just get sucked into it and die.

I do - my PC is kinda old, only 3.6+ Sempron single core, so I have about 4-5 seconds to read the loading screen.

Radiant pillar is another matter - since it has a long duration, as long as you're happy with the damage and regen time it is ok to eat even 200 runes. I think you did ok if that's true for you :)

You will find your own confort zone with each art/spell. I find for example with the temple guardian I like my area attack spells to have a 40 second regen as it takes about that long to round up anouther mass of critters. But for my high elf using tempest I want it around 6-7 seconds as any longer then that gets icky.

Anouther example is fireball. You often want something like that to get to a very short under 1 second regen so you can spam em.