A few of my friends and I did a little experiment. The best way to get alot of runes quickly is to play a bronze game and fight kobolds. Don't level your character up and keep the character nice and weak. It also requires some 'chance to find valuable' amulets.

Hi Frederick, great seeing you here on the boards!

And...I think I did see something close to what you are suggesting... that low levels, even around silverish is optimum to for rune gathering. I know to get our buffs up and powered, it takes a ton of money and a ton of runes...specially on those 3 buff/aspect builds.

urgh

:ninjastar:

gogo

going to have to keep this in mind as it seems I never have enough of the runes that I want to use...

Lol I'm a sucker for crazy low regen times, so I always have an excess of runes :bounce:

Hi Frederick, great seeing you here on the boards!

And...I think I did see something close to what you are suggesting... that low levels, even around silverish is optimum to for rune gathering. I know to get our buffs up and powered, it takes a ton of money and a ton of runes...specially on those 3 buff/aspect builds.

urgh

:thumbsup:

gogo

Thanks, gogoblender. I don't often have much to contribute, but I know some people struggle getting enough runes for their character.

Good post gasbomb. Seems like all I get nowadays is either a stupid scroll, leaf, parchment or another useless health potion!

When this happens to me, I concentrate on getting a better "kill speed". Either going to easier enemies, or bumping up my combat arts, getting better equipment, etc always seems to get the drops flowing again.

In the other thread about drops drying up, it was suggested that re-starting your console may have effects, and I do think it has some merit, but I believe in kill speed more than the "lucky toon/server" factor.

• 2 weeks later...
lol, I noticed the same thing. Is it the kobolds, or just everything in general? Cause I collect an absurd amount at low level.

I'm not completely sure, but it's a pretty good rune count as long as you are in the kobold areas of the map.