Common and Rare Uniques?

I'm almost positive that I've found Ileias's Dirk in many areas (including desert and swamp), I think I've gotten more of those than any other unique (hard to say though since I immediately scrap them as soon as I see it in my inventory nowadays).

Heya,

Lord Wayne's Playerkiller seems to drop as much for me as the Blood Dryads sword. Got a bunch of both. The Serpents/Ice Flash/Excalibran.... about 2 or 3 of each.

Lorga's sword twice.... and Uruks Destiny only once. Kullgards doesnt seem really rare... nor special for that matter.

Definately seems there is a balance in rare and rarer uniques :)

Greetz

Do you happen to remember if you got your Lord Wayne's from the same area or in different areas? You're pretty much the first person to label what most of us would regard as a "rare" unique as a "common," so I'm very interested as to where you found all of them.

I often wonder if every monster has at least one "rare drop" unique that only drops from that particular monster. If every monster had that one rare drop, it would make sense that some uniques are so much harder to find than others, and I believe the numbers would add up pretty good (there are about 30-40 different monsters in the game and about 30-40 rare uniques?). But if Barristan says he got his Lord Wayne's from many different areas it would contradict that.

I apologize for not having more concrete data of my own to offer... for example a couple days ago a quetzal's First Strike and Uruk's Destiny both dropped for me for the very first time, both within about 15 minutes of each other. Not only do I not know what monsters dropped them but I can't even remember what region they dropped in... :4rofl: But what I do know is that I was in an area that I have been to many, many times (I wasn't doing any sorty of exploring, just farming mobs). Why would I never have gotten either of those two items before in an area that I kill monsters in frequently?

Most likely I got most of them from Guardians, with one or the other farmer. Positive that I found those in different areas too, since I had alot of them even before Ice and Blood, and wasn't really into Guardian runs at that time. Cannot really help out more...

Greetz