My Sacred 2 US Collectors Edition just arrived, but is there any to actually install it?

After waiting all day for my items to arrive, thanks UPS for making me wait all day, my copy has finally arrived. Its the US version, but after reading so many posts on here its seems like the US is kind of deserted. Should I just shelve my copy and just wait to play until I get the Gold Edition or is there enough activity to warrant installing and patching the game? Also if I do install the game will this save transfer over to the gold edition, or can it be converted?

What do you actually plan to do while playing? Are you looking for the online community? That's definitely better on the EU server. Or are you just looking to have fun playing Sacred 2? You're covered there. Ice & Blood is certainly "better," and if you intend to get Gold Edition either way, it might be worth waiting, but that's really up to you.

I don't know if single player characters can be carried over to Gold Edition or not. I would guess that they can. Online characters, however, are bound to the server they're created on (either US or EU), so those cannot be carried over.

Should I just shelve my copy and just wait to play until I get the Gold Edition

Hi Zin

If you're into community, EU is busy, most of this community here at Darkmatters is comprised of either PC EU and Console.

If you're just there for SP then go ahead and install your American Version

zzzzzzzzzzzz

oops sorry

:(

gogo

p.s. Go EU ... Go EU .. Go HC ... Go HC... ! ;)

What do you actually plan to do while playing? Are you looking for the online community? That's definitely better on the EU server. Or are you just looking to have fun playing Sacred 2? You're covered there. Ice & Blood is certainly "better," and if you intend to get Gold Edition either way, it might be worth waiting, but that's really up to you.

I don't know if single player characters can be carried over to Gold Edition or not. I would guess that they can. Online characters, however, are bound to the server they're created on (either US or EU), so those cannot be carried over.

I've already put a couple hundred hours in to the PS3 version so I'm already familiar with the campaigns. I really got the PC version for the extra content, mods, and co-op.

I've already put a couple hundred hours in to the PS3 version so I'm already familiar with the campaigns. I really got the PC version for the extra content, mods, and co-op.

So it's just a matter of how important the co-op is versus how long you're willing to wait until you buy Gold Edition.

There's definitely a lot of fun to be had in single player. Personally, I play with a few close friends, and I don't really have any experiencing playing with random people on the US servers.

Single player characters from the US edition will carry over to the Gold edition. I originally bought the US edition of Fallen Angel but decided I wanted the Ice & Blood add-on so I got the Gold edition. My saved games from the US edition transfered over without a problem. I haven't taken the characters into multiplayer yet as I am still getting familiar with all the areas in Ancaria.

Installed and patched the game, connected to closenet, but I can't join any servers. Something about the client not the same. Oh well, I going to save my carrier imp and see if it works on the EU servers.

Installed and patched the game, connected to closenet, but I can't join any servers. Something about the client not the same. Oh well, I going to save my carrier imp and see if it works on the EU servers.

When you patched the game did you patch with the US patches or the EU patches? That may have confused the installation if the wrong patch versions were used. Also did you try to connect to any of the open game servers or just the closed net ones?

When you patched the game did you patch with the US patches or the EU patches? That may have confused the installation if the wrong patch versions were used. Also did you try to connect to any of the open game servers or just the closed net ones?

I was downloading the US patch, but when I started the game it auto patched with the 2.43 patch. There were no games on the open servers.