Can't seem to get to work the 'Temple of the Gods' alters and the 'Hero Statues'

Morning dudes and dudettes!

Been skimming the boards(and the wiki) for a few days now and just wanted to congratulate you all on having what seems to me one of the friendliest communities I think I've ever seen online! Never mind the most helpful. I would have posted a long time ago if it wasn't for the fact I kept on finding the answers to my questions! ;)

So anyway, onto the newbie question... The 'Temple of the Gods' alters and the 'Hero Statues'. Ive read on the wiki that you can get a 100% experience per kill boost for a short period of time from these alters and statues but I cant seem to get them to work.

I also read someone asking the same question as I am asking now. The difference being that the solution they were given was to get off of any mount they may have been riding at the time.

I've tried it mounted and unmounted and to no avail.

Is this just another one of those 'things' that the console guys have to go without or am I missing some minor quest to unravel the privilege?

Cheers in advance!

FaLLa

P.S. Im on xbox360, so we have to press 'LB' usually to activate stuffs :(

Hello FaLLa and welcome to the forum. :(

I've just started on the X-box 360 myself, I moved from PC, and I must say I'm enjoying it a lot more.

As to your questions I have no answers as I've only just started on the X-box today.

Happy hunting. ;)

Hey cool! Add my gamertag to your friends list if yu want. What kinda char you playin?

I've just started a Pyro HE with EP(at level 57 so far) recently and im actually sitting emptying my bankbox(sorry UO term) as we speak. EP doesnt half make you fill it with stuff you just dont need at the moment.

Anything ya want/need? Or are yu like me and like to start up by yerself?

FaLLa

At the moment I'm playing a Temple Guardian and I'm only level 8. I'm going to trade him in for a High Elf shopper with EP, does EP increase the chance to find magic items on console? It does on PC.

I have no choice but to start up myself as I'm on wireless internet untill I move next week, so I will see you online then. ;)

From what I recall (switching from 360 to PC), it doesn't work on the console version. Could be wrong on this, but if you're hitting Left Bumper and it's not tripping it, it probably doesn't work.

At the moment I'm playing a Temple Guardian and I'm only level 8. I'm going to trade him in for a High Elf shopper with EP, does EP increase the chance to find magic items on console? It does on PC.

Pretty sure EP works on the console, but... there are supposedly some differences, as I recall, like the map explored percentage gives a lower boost on the console version, or something. Can't recall for certain off-hand.

Cheers for clearing that up for me Shattered Rift! I'm gettin used to this whole 'living without' that we console users seem to do alot of.

Blacksmithing anyone?!? :tease: LoL!

Now down to the EP! Been wanting to discuss this about the console version and if you guys don't mind im going to go into a longwinded rant/explanation of my views on the subject! :cow_white:

The reason I chose it on this build(which is my second pyro HE, the first one was my.... well... first... the usual, a botched jobbie) was because I had read about it on Wiki. Later to discover that it was mainly focusing on the PC platform I went searching, and that penultimately is what led me to these forums in the first place.

Now... this is what I want clarification of. If im right in saying EP works on a law of averages. I.e. it increases it! The skill alone also opens up items with the EP modifier allowing a far higher application of ammies and rings with the +"Chance to find valuables" which runs on a percentage in itself!

So I see it as thus... IF you kill a mob(or open a chest) that has a 10% chance of dropping a 'valuable' item, wearing an item with "Chance to find valuables +10%", that mob then has an 11% chance to drop valuables(I.e. 10% of 10% is 1 = 11%). Now my only problem with that is that nowhere on this planet can I find a definition of what constitutes a valuable. BUT OH MY GOD HAVE I FOUND OUT through the use of this skill! LoL!

A valuable is blooming ANYTHING! Can I point out right now that due to this skill ive had to use the in game settings that allow me to only pick up items with a 2 star rating or higher. So pertaining to a law of averages, my char is currently running around on silver doing a "boss farm" run wearing a +116% Chance to find valuables(Hard skill EP is 22, with items its at 57 - matching my level :4rofl: ) and im finding valuable items ALL the time!

The last run involved: White Griffin, Raging Boar, Sinister Prince, Miasma Mists, Holos the Minotaur, Dragon at the bottom right of the Desert and finally the Winged Demon Kral. And this is what I got!

Halberd of the Commander(***)66

Skullsmasher(***)61

Glacial Defender(***)60

4 weaps and 2 Shields all 2 star.

Chestplate of the Storms(Set***)65

Chestplate of the storms(Set***)35

Velarias Wristguards(Set***)65

4 Armour pieces all 2 star

Annoyingly the in game feature doesnt work on the rest... :crazy:

10 Different Rings and Ammies(Couple 2 stars, 4 1 stars, 4 no stars...)

3 Relics all 2 star and with WAAAAY better Armor ratings on them than anything I can buy in stores... I dont have bargaining.

Loadsa trophies and Damage Modifiers and runes as you would expect.

OH! I also found a level 50 Stalworth Safeguard in one of the chests in Holos's cave... I'd heard about this shield about 12 hours ago on the forums lol... shoulda seen me laughing when it popped out of a chest!

I couldnt tell you how many health pots I picked up or how many items I probably missed out on by not picking up everything from champs because I was too busy just running to the next boss but flashing Blazing Tempest behind me for some extra experience on my way.

The list you see above you is about the same amount of set items my last high elf found in her whole career(she retired at level 43), she found plenty valuables but really really crap ones!

Anyway this is all thoroughly irrelevent to the thread topic but I just wanted to show my faith in the EP skill haha!

Now... what you saying about map %age Shattered? Is a higher map discovery better or worse?

Sorry again for the rantings :D

FaLLa

Hi Scooby

You've been bombarded with a long flurry of answers and welcomes, wanted to, as well, say Hi, and carry on the tradition of friendliness and massive poutine eating.

Well... the latter could maybe just be my own vice :D

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:cow_white:

gogo

your comment about the use of items to pick up set to 2 stars...I've set it to 1 star on the PS3, then check inventory and find items with no stars that I had picked up during that run...it both irritated me (because I was trying to avoid a midrun scrapping of 'worthless' items) and worried me (because if I'm picking up items with no stars but I'm not picking up everything, am I leaving items behind that I might want?).

your comment about the use of items to pick up set to 2 stars...I've set it to 1 star on the PS3, then check inventory and find items with no stars that I had picked up during that run...it both irritated me (because I was trying to avoid a midrun scrapping of 'worthless' items) and worried me (because if I'm picking up items with no stars but I'm not picking up everything, am I leaving items behind that I might want?).

I run into the same problem on PC mainerunr. I believe it is caused by hitting "q" on PC (leftbumper on consoles) before the item hits the ground. I don't think the game registers what quality the drop is before it hits the ground, so that's most likely why your picking up the garbage items.

Wooo! Thank you EssJay! :D I'm an information junkie hehe, sorry if I regurgetated some already documented stuff I just wanted clarification that I'd learned it right! Thanks :)

The thing about the stars...

I still sometimes hit the Shoulder button to pick up items before they hit the ground... hell most times the boss is standing on top of me and they land on my head LoL. When it comes to the quality of those items I never get lower than 2 stars into my inventory when it comes to Weaps/Shields/Armours/Relics and Runes(I think ALL runes are 2 stars arent they?)

Rings/Ammies, books and trophies all seem to ignore the settings.

Finally... I'm not sure about on PS3 but on xbox you can Press in the L3 button(left analogue stick) to view the title of the items on the ground, and it even gives you a timer for how long it will take to 1. become unreserved and 2. disappear respectively. Thats also the same button to press to 'see' magical hiding places and the Names/Resists/Weaknesses of enemies.

You can usually tell by an items name as to whether it'll be crap or not.

Thank you for the Welcome too gogo :)

P.S. My HE recently died twice when I stupidly entered a gold server as they were fighting Carnach(I had only just completed Silver) and lost her survival bonus. The difference I noticed wasn't in the number of items dropped I.e. chance to find valuables, but in the value of them directly I.e. more 0+1 star stuff staying on the ground and less 2 stars landing in my inventory. It was in the early nineties when she died. Its now back up to 70% and the items are pretty much back on track. My map revealed is 47%.

Edited by FaLLa
P.S. My HE recently died twice when I stupidly entered a gold server as they were fighting Carnach(I had only just completed Silver) and lost her survival bonus. The difference I noticed wasn't in the number of items dropped I.e. chance to find valuables, but in the value of them directly I.e. more 0+1 star stuff staying on the ground and less 2 stars landing in my inventory. It was in the early nineties when she died. Its now back up to 70% and the items are pretty much back on track. My map revealed is 47%.

From what I understand about EP, "chance to find valuables" affects the quality of the drops, not the "actual" chance that an item will drop, and this is consistent to what you experienced with your lost survival bonus. Because the enemies were of "lower quality" (Survival Bonus increases the enemy's level) then the drops you got were of lower quality as well.

There has been some discussion on the effects of Survival bonus, and some players believe it does affect the drops themselves, but your example could be proof of that as well. I feel it's the quality of the enemy, that most influences the drops... but this is one of those really tricky things to test due to the random nature of the items that are found in the game.

Rings/Ammies, books and trophies all seem to ignore the settings.

Thats because they fall under miscellenous. You also have to set that in options for 2 stars only.

LoL yeah I couldnt really miss that, thats why im saying the game ignores the settings for these items because I have both set on 2stars and I still find 1 star rings and ammies in my inventory.

Cheers for all the info though guys! In conclusion I spose we can definitely say that EP works on the xbox! :)

Gamertag -> RosscoPeko187

FaLLa

Hey, I play on the ps3 and I think that the temple statues may be bugged (god statues in the wilderness seem to work fine), and as to the problem with the hero statues, I think they're also bugged but I have seen a post that said on the PC if you're on your mount when trying to activate the statue it doesn't work, so you might try dismounting (didn't work for me though...).

Hey, I play on the ps3 and I think that the temple statues may be bugged (god statues in the wilderness seem to work fine), and as to the problem with the hero statues, I think they're also bugged but I have seen a post that said on the PC if you're on your mount when trying to activate the statue it doesn't work, so you might try dismounting (didn't work for me though...).

They work fine for me, Rndm... that's really weird, if you say the statues in the wild work for you, then no reason for the ones at the temples not to work.

Were you at the right god? Sorry for the silly question, but I know I've done that when switching between toons with different deities.

Hey again! Erm sorry just to reiterate the question. Its not the God statues themselves I have a problem with. The god statues work fine both at the temples and in the wilderness. As far as I remember their use is to reduce the regen time on Divine Spells.

My problem was the alters INSIDE the temples that are suppose to give you a 100% increase in experience per kill for a short time. AND the Hero statues(the ones that look like High Elf's, Shadow Warriors, Inquisitors etc) out in the field, which are also supposed to do the same. A very good example of one of these would be the Statue sitting behind the first Dragon you come to in the Dragon Realm, the blue one you talk to then kill.

From what other people have posted we just have to 'live without them' on Console it seems.

Cheers again,

FaLLa

• 1 month later...

FaLLa if you like the level 50 stalwort safeguard wait till you pick up a level 225 one, (you'll probably cream yourself)

I will admit that finding valuables is good my favourite boss to do this with is holos from him so far I have found:

2X holy protection (lvl45 and level 160 serephim set piece)

cowl of catharis top end (level 225 Inquisitor set armour)

2X serpents toungues (level 60 level 135)

1 sword of the blood dryads (level 90)

to name a few

I find better things from him then the NG's its weird lol