Boss Poundin' Destruction Life Leech Weapon Favourites

Shuriken with life leech seems a popular choice amongst the niob players {which I'm not one of yet}. The high attack speed combined with % LL takes down bosses fast.

But Pole Arms also spawn with LL%... is their damage (on the weapon) irrelevant? Is the modified damage type (fire, magic, poison, ice) useless?

I suspect that Magic damage type with it's 6.8% reduction of base statistics would pack quite a wallop with bosses--per hit. Is that 6.8% based on damage dealt, or 6.8% of stats?

Is that 6.8% stackable, or a one time maximum reach? (I note that bosses I'm fighting with Skeletal Fortress receive a bump in hit points occasionally during the fight--which I suspect is the weakness wearing off--and it is a significant bump)

Also... ice damage with it's freeze of bosses is also seductive... due to the elimination of incoming damage while the boss remains frozen.

Discuss.

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Ice slows rather than freezes. Personally I prefer magic as Weaken (temporarily) reduces their total HP by 10-15%.

As to what weapon-type, I usually use shurikens, since I've only ever been given one Kaldur's axe & I don't really go for two-handed weapons (preferring either a shield, DWing or TGs).

Scored a nice 2.2% Two-Handed Axe for my Sneaky Warrior the other day. I didn't even think they came with LL%. Now I'm glad I did take Hafted weapon skill :) It has more or less "doubled" the damage I'm doing to the Platinum Guardians ;)

Other than that, I like the 2H swords with LL% as (in my experience/memory) they have the largest values of leech.

I've tried axes and polearms but even though they have a larger %LL, it still seems to me that a throwing star kills faster due to the faster attack animation. Still need to try the %LL swords and energy weapon if I ever find one.

Hmm.

If you're toon is wearing a life leech armour set... then fast attack is the way to go... more chances for the life leech.

If you don't have built-in % LL, then big LL per hit makes a lot of sense to me.

Whaddaya think?

I found a nice bronze level bow - LL +9, All skills +2, some poison damage thrown in for good measure. Damage is like 59 - 74.

It's serving me well - so far. Attack speed is pretty good and combined with other CAs like cobalt strike and blazing tempest, I don't run into too many tough spots.

The thing is that you'll end up meeting bosses with 1M+ hp, and your 9 LL won't mean much then, if that was 9% LL the boss was dead in 12 hits or less( if your normal damage is also quite good)

The thing is that you'll end up meeting bosses with 1M+ hp, and your 9 LL won't mean much then, if that was 9% LL the boss was dead in 12 hits or less( if your normal damage is also quite good)

Yah.. 9% would rock - but then again, how many million point bosses do you run into on bronze? Thus far I've barely gotten to the Seraphim Island and the bosses I've come across haven't really been all that bad...

EDIT: Whoops.. I spoke WAAAAY too soon. DAMN! That Xanthier dragon is one mean Barsteward...! GAAAAAH! :)

Found an upgrade to that bow... This one has 12+ LL and a higher damage rating.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Heya,

well... I always try DW if possible :) So my favorite has to be Kal'Dur's Legacy. Sometimes a Twohander, for seraphim's AW for instance.

Khral's Sceptre I like too, for smashing the egg :4rofl:

Greetz

Edited by Barristan