Questions regarding Regen per hit and Combat Arts regen

For the last couple of day I've been trying out different SW builds that I have found finding out what I like about them and what I don't like. Tonight I'm going to be making my own build once I have it all figured up I'm going to post it on here for feedback, anyways I have a couple questions.

1. I was reading in the sacred wiki about some combat skills and noticed in some for example demonic blow this mentioned "Using regen per hit mod will allow you to have no regeneration time, so you can land as many demonic blows as you want." How do you do this and were?

2. While I was looking at the combat art skills I noticed there are several things that can make them stronger and lower the regen time. Some of them like concentration listed on like all of them. Now I know that if you want to mod a combat art in say death warrior for example demotic blow you will either need death warrior lore of focus or both. I know lore makes it more powerful and focus makes the regen lower but is there a reason why you should have both lore and focus. If you can use other things like concentration that could be used on different kinds of combat arts instead of one group to do the same thing would it be better to have that instead of focus to free up space for more skills. From what I've seen and my undertanding which could be way out in left field concentration is like the godfather of lowing regn it works for everthing. Now I did see that a combat focus like death warrior focus will increase your combat art level without a penalty does this do the same thing as reading runes like you read one to learn it then read another to make it level 2 just without the penalty?

Now with the combat lores I haven't seen a "godfather" lore that will work with all combat arts like concentration will with regen so would you want to use lore over focus when it comes to picking something to mod your combat arts?

Welcome!

1) regen per hit (RpH) is found on rings. Socket them into armour, or wear them on your 2 ring slots in your equipment. Unfortunately, RpH is only available in the expansion. So... don't factor anything said about that into your regens. RpH became the exciting new addition to the add-on Ice and Blood which didn't get released for the consoles.

2) focus skill allows to disregard limit on level of combat arts in that group. Lore=damage + speed of activating. Focus=regen+ max level allowed for combat arts.

If you're stuck on skills.. people generally pick Focus.

If you main attack is going to be melee, you should have both skills (lore+focus). Most will take focus on secondary combat art groups.

Edited by FrostElfGuard

1. Regen per Hit is a modifier that can be found on Gear, weapons, or jewelry. it comes in durations of Seconds. or Tenths of a second is more accurate. every time you land a hit with a weapon or weapon based CA, you get a instant regen bonus. ex.. your regen time on Demonic blow is 4.0s and you have 1.0 seconds of RpH. on the first blow you knock off 1.0s of regen, Making your effective regen time 3.0 seconds.

2. In this example There is no Death warrior Lore, Tactics Lore serves that purpose for both melee aspects. concentration lowers overall regen times as you mentioned, but does not generate the mod points for combat art bonuses. So in order to modify all of your regen bonuses you may want to have both the lore and the focus. The CA level without penalty is a mechanic that takes a while to fully master, It means the maximum CA level without a huge regen penalty, also after reaching the focus level the CA no longer increases by 1 with every rune read. At level 1, your CA level without penalty is 1. As you level the CA level without penalty increases slowly. By level 200 your CA level without penalty is about 25. With the Aspect focus the rate of CA level with out penalty increases faster. so you can read more runes into the CA (And especially Buffs) without penalty. Also the Regen bonus from Concentration is good, but there is never enough. More regen bonus is a good thing.

1) regen per hit (RpH) is found on rings. Socket them into armour, or wear them on your 2 ring slots in your equipment. Unfortunately, RpH is only available in the expansion. So... don't factor anything said about that into your regens. RpH became the exciting new addition to the add-on Ice and Blood which didn't get released for the consoles.

RpH works fine on console, don't need the expansion...?

RpH works fine on console, don't need the expansion...?

correct RpH has been on the console since the release and there is no expansion for console. RpH is new to PC expansion Blood and Ice.

Thanks alot for your help guys! I've got a couple combats arts to ty tonight to see how I like them then I'm going to be writing up my build. Once I get it wrote up I'm going to post it on the forums so you guys can give me some feedback and help me tweak it.

And don't neglect a look at Armor Lore for your lowering of regen. On the Sw his armor is immensely negative to hit regens. For all my SW I keep Armor Lore at level till 75. If you compare the regen bonus of Armor Lore vs Concentration, Armor Lore usually wins with a bigger reduction.

Also as much as you can try using a buff suit instead of eating buff runes. Later levels you can eat the buff runes instead. Maybe after level 65 or so.

I have a question about RPH, it works on my seraphim and dryad with weapon based Combat Arts etc. But on my High Elf I can't see no effect with RPH on my spells, is it supposed to be weapon based Combat Arts only or? I was hoping 'regeneration 1 second per hit' would allow me to spam incendiary shower...but that doesn't seem to be the case :P if so I guess I will drop this and start a ranged dryad.

Edit: I'm on console also :)

Edited by Ajaxduo
I have a question about RPH, it works on my seraphim and dryad with weapon based Combat Arts etc. But on my High Elf I can't see no effect with RPH on my spells, is it supposed to be weapon based Combat Arts only or? I was hoping 'regeneration 1 second per hit' would allow me to spam incendiary shower...but that doesn't seem to be the case :( if so I guess I will drop this and start a ranged dryad.

Edit: I'm on console also :)

As the name implies the benefit is per hit, not per spell. A weapon has to actually hit in order to activate the Rph which means if your chance to hit is low your benefit from Rph will also be activated infrequently.