Doppleganger buff in hardcore...

Aesthir

Omg! What a rip! :drool:

I got a hardcore inquisitor up to level 48 and was running around without a care thinking my doppleganger buff would die if ever I die.

Not the case! damn... ;)

It still counts as a death when the doppleganger takes your place... in hardcore, you die, making this feature useless. In normalm you still get the status 'respawned', a death is remembered, and you lose your survival bonus.

I was under the impression the inquisitor had a second chance when dying while doppleganger active. Aw well, live and learn... live and learn... :cry:

- Aesthir

That info is on Sacred 2 wiki... If you die in HC with the doppel active, it counts as a permanent death. This is why this buff must be utilized with a little care.

EDIT: makes sense, really... This would be a very cheap and cheesy way to cheat death and have a never-dying character in HC... If that was so, everyone would play an Inquisitor :)

Edited by Dobri
  • 1 month later...
EDIT: makes sense, really... This would be a very cheap and cheesy way to cheat death and have a never-dying character in HC... If that was so, everyone would play an Inquisitor :)

Yup, this came up in the beta & it works the way it does for the reasons above. It would be massively unfair if the Inquisitor could effectively never die while the Doppleganger was still alive.

yeh I too found this out on the XBOX version was dissapointed but hey I found the best way round it is kit your inquisitor to the max so he has little chance of dying which will reflect doubley on the ZD I can leave the game running on platinum and the ZD takes care of it for me lol