Gar'Colossus in Gold - Still taking damage with 100% damage mitigation?

I've just had a slightly odd occurence while killing of the GC in Gold (just me in the server) with my TG. I was using a combot of Jolting Touch (modded for damage mitigation) & Deathly Spears & have ~10% damage mitigation from my shield, and yet I was taking a small amount of damage from him despite having ~100% damage mitigation (either 92% or 133%). No other boss is able to do this (well, apart form the ones with DoT as part of their CAs), so I was wondering whether he has the Direct Damage mod (not as part of his CAs) as an intrinsic property (in Gold at least)? He was only doing ~34 damage (at level 57), but I shouldn't have been taking any (1.4k physical armour, 62 damage reduction from energy shield & Warding Energy Lore, 10% + 41% per JT damage mitigation & the -4.5% from Toughness).

Has anyone else noticed that?

awwwwwwwww... taking a small bit of damage ... :) The build sounds nicely powerful... to be able to just say you're not supposed to get any damage... spectacular.

TG's aren't my thing, so I'm hoping my guffaw of respect is enough to have one of the other TG builders step up with some insight.

:)

gogo

Just did a little test in plat against the GC using just JT and didn't take any damage. I had no idea how much mitigation JT gives, was surprised to see what it does.

It shows ~170% all channel mitigation not including toughness :D

103422443-4.jpg

Edited by Dobster