OMG! OMG! OMG! I found my first lightsaber!

I heard somewhere you need to get bargaining skill double character level is this true? I've only managed to get it 10 lvls above my character level. :)

Well, I like to be uber sure I can get those sabers; so my Inquisitor has 70 bargaining at character level 15 :)

I was shopping hard the last couple of days with my level 22 HE (level 37 Bargaining when she started, in Silver, HC, Ice and Blood).

The gradual upgrades have brought her to level 48 or so in Bargaining.

In her quest to find the famous life leech shurikens (and stars) she started seeing lightsabres! She now has 5 lightsabres: a purple, a light blue, a green, and 2 reds. :) I've been so fixated on the stars that I haven't properly examined the lightsabres. I just knew I wanted them all! :)

Every chance I have to buy a light sabre... I buy one!

She also has been buying the life leech % shurikens and stars she finds (which almost always seem to crop up with a bunch of LL% polearms) which range for 0.9%, 1.0% and 1.1% LL. :)

suki helped get my char into Gold... and so now I'm hoping the frequency of lightsabres and shuriken/stars is higher... higher damage or better mods.

Re: pumping your bargaining skill: relics in Silver in Ice and Blood give +2, so +6 there. 3 socked sword (one is elemental ) and 2 shield give a chance for +4 all skills, and armour and rings and pendants allow you to pump the Bargaining skill. yellow "to all skills +X", blue "to all skills +X", blue "General Skills +X", blue "Bargaining +X" are all mods your looking for. The blue "to all skills +1" was a surprise.

Edited by FrostElfGuard
Re: pumping your bargaining skill: relics in Silver in Ice and Blood give +2, so +6 there. 3 socked sword (one is elemental ) and 2 shield give a chance for +4 all skills, and armour and rings and pendants allow you to pump the Bargaining skill. yellow "to all skills +X", blue "to all skills +X", blue "General Skills +X", blue "Bargaining +X" are all mods your looking for. The blue "to all skills +1" was a surprise.

Hmmm. I'm seeing something different - in Bronze. The early level relics I got were all +1.. But, when I got to level 30 relics (or so) in the desert region, many of them now have a +2. Not entirely sure, but the level may be a factor as to how much bonus you get.

Hmmm. I'm seeing something different - in Bronze. The early level relics I got were all +1.. But, when I got to level 30 relics (or so) in the desert region, many of them now have a +2. Not entirely sure, but the level may be a factor as to how much bonus you get.

Yes you are correct. The boni on the relics increase with both character level and difficulty :)

I heard somewhere you need to get bargaining skill double character level is this true? I've only managed to get it 10 lvls above my character level. :)

Well, I like to be uber sure I can get those sabers; so my Inquisitor has 70 bargaining at character level 15 :)

:o

I take it you have a lot of socketed 'all skill' items?

Dare you

ROFL! Hilarious! Isn't that the same guys who made the parking garage lightsaber fight video?

@S-P: Bargaining doesn't have to be twice your level, but it does look like it needs to be kept above your level. I don't know the exact probability curve, but I'm not taking any chances - I keep my bargaining maxed and give priority to items with +to all skills or +bargaining.

Collecting lightsabers becomes a full time character strategy, because you have to make some sacrifices in other areas. You do it because you love the video and sound effects, and the Star Wars connection, not because you want to make an uebercharacter.

Edited by belgarathmth
Dare you

ROFL! Hilarious! Isn't that the same guys who made the parking garage lightsaber fight video?

@S-P: Bargaining doesn't have to be twice your level, but it does look like it needs to be kept above your level. I don't know the exact probability curve, but I'm not taking any chances - I keep my bargaining maxed and give priority to items with +to all skills or +bargaining.

Collecting lightsabers becomes a full time character strategy, because you have to make some sacrifices in other areas. You do it because you love the video and sound effects, and the Star Wars connection, not because you want to make an uebercharacter.

Good to know, but my 26 level seraphim has now got bargaining at 20 points above level through relics/plus all skill items. I've only found the one sabre in Thylysium, no luck anywhere else. But I'm going to get more, its got to have a certain amount of luck involved. :bounce:

I'm wondering if there's other mechanics involved. In some other games, I've noticed that some items tend to be bloody difficult to find until you find your first - and once you've done so, the floodgates seem to open and the once rare item suddenly becomes almost as common as dirt.

For instance - in GTA San Andreas, you could look around you and see the usual crappy cars in the area, but if you swiped a really good car, and brought it into the 'hood, you'd see more and more of them pop up while you were driving it.

Just reading the thread here seems to indicate there's something similar in the underlying mechanics of Sacred2...

Dare you

Good to know, but my 26 level seraphim has now got bargaining at 20 points above level through relics/plus all skill items. I've only found the one sabre in Thylysium, no luck anywhere else. But I'm going to get more, its got to have a certain amount of luck involved. :)

I read a tip in the older thread about this topic (a little further down the board - somebody bumped it) that said the writer thought that doing most of the subquests in an area would increase the chances of special offers from the merchants in that area.

My own experience bears this out. I've been doing most of the subquests to get my Inquisitor to a fairly high level for silver just because he needs to be. I'm finding him more fun to play but not nearly as strong and safe as all my Shadow Warrior characters, who can finish silver ten levels lower than my Inquisitor has needed just to be survivable in the orc region.

Subjectively, I do think I am finding lots of light sabers in the areas where I've done most of the subquests. When I first arrived in the orc region last night, I was finding pretty junky stuff at the merchants, so I took a tour through the portal system, went back all around the high elf and human regions, and came up with a new purple.

It does seem to get a little harder to find light sabers as you get to higher and higher levels. Doing all the subquests seems to help.

That makes sense, I found one in Elf capital after completing all quest in that region. But I think I know the thread you are talking about, I think it was mentioned that it gets harder to find them as you go up in lvls, may be wrong though.

Heya,

doing quests does increase the chance for special offers.... I even think that is a line on one of the waiting screens. It might have been about discount... not sure :)

Greetz

Heya,

doing quests does increase the chance for special offers.... I even think that is a line on one of the waiting screens. It might have been about discount... not sure :)

Greetz

Yup, there is one on both I believe, although I do get that discount message alot more :(

'Got a new red and a new blue tonight. The red was obtained in an orc village immediately after finishing the last subquest there (which took me a real time hour or more running around for miles and miles in the orc region - I think it was the one about finding "gooey" kobold and goblin organs to cook into an orc delicacy.)

The blue one was obtained on Seraphim Island immediately after completing the subquest where you have to gather all the elemental essences for research. I had also done the pumpkin seeds debacle.

I would say that there is definitely a potential lightsaber reward through the merchants when the player has done the equivalent of "pacifying" a region, as in Sacred 1.

Incidentally, my latest lightsaber finds are starting to exceed even the best gold and orange/unique swords in power. They have huge native conversion to elemental damage; the green, blue, and purple ones have huge attack and defense bonuses, as well as deathblow and aspect bonuses; the red ones have lifeleech, bleed, wound, banish undead, and aspect bonuses. They all have one or two other random bonuses besides the big ones, and many of them have extra slots.

They all get the attack speed of one-handed swords and can be dual-wielded, even though they're technically two-handed swords in the original Star Wars lore. If your shopper passes on one to your shadow warrior, I assume that he would be able to use a shield together with the lightsaber.

Bottom line: lightsabers rock!

Edited by belgarathmth