What item modifiers will affect animation speed?

For those of you who don't know the weapon lore does NOT govern the speed of those three (see topic description). I am making a build using archangels wrath against bosses. I intend to have a weapon switch with a shuriken %LL and shield. So up to three holes..

Now the blood forest has a quest item with CTOCE and casting speed. That seems an ideal socketable for such situations provided that casting speed increases arcanes wrath.

I DO NOT have revered tech lore in case you were going to ask that question... I am only using AW on bosses and to rph mobs. Pillar is my killer hey that rhymes on mobs.

Bonus question: Would dashing alacrity UNMODDED boost my casting time of AW?

Bonus question: Would dashing alacrity UNMODDED boost my casting time of AW?

I would assume so, because Alacrity increases your weapon attack speed, and if AW is based off of your weapon speed, then it will be directly increasing the attack speed of AW

I'm not sure, +attack speed mods (from items) don't appear to affect CA casting, but +as from skills do. Casting Speed mods affect any CA casting animation (weapon-based or otherwise).

As an example, my current TG doesn't have any weapon skills, so my normal casting speed for Deathly Spears/Dedicated Blow/Battle Extension is 100%. If I equip a Tinwora's Curse (+12.6% Casting Speed), the casting speed goes up to 112.6%. But if I equip a ring with +4.8%, the attack speed stays at 100%.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15951

I just remembered Chattius did a thread..

link above. For arcane wrath, magic coup, and spectral hand (at least) which are weapon based, but not governed by weapons,..... anyhow as the table shows attack speed does not help although casting speed DOES. So look likes I will be venturing into the blood forest on occasion :bounce:

Heya,

that is Silithars Legendary ring. The quest is about a pact with a demon.... he says something about collecting the debt later.... All you need to do is collect a few ingredients :D

The quest is located to the Northeast of where you first encounter the eyes for the forest main q. Can't remember the quest name... srry :)

Greetz