Blood Forest mount vendor not offering new aspect colors?

I read in the 'new mount guide' that the mount vendor after doing the quest in the Blood Forest will offer the unique mounts, BUT with different colors than the original mount vendor on the island up north. The guide states "So now instead of one aspect being green, one red and one blue, you are able to get them all in any color." However I did the quest on my dragon mage and I still only have the options of the original colors, elemental = white, dm = red, mental = black. I did the unique mount quest on the island beforehand and had the elemental version mount before doing the blood forest quest. Does the new mount vendor in fact offer the same exact thing as the old vendor?

Edited by windail

If this is the guide you are talking about then I guess I was the one that made it :agreed:

I made a little edit down the bottom after first posting the guide:

EDIT: I Just tested it with a character that had never completed the original special mount quest before and it appears that if you open up the new special mount trader for the first time you can only choose between the original mounts, at least until you create a new game. So it appears that you need to have, or have gotten a special mount to have a choice of the different colors.

And after using that quest several times since with a new character I've always seen the same thing occuring. However, in regards to a different colour...I havent seen it since writing this guide...which makes me think that either you needed a toon that was created in the game before the expansion and had a mount or I got slightly confused...although Im sure I remember testing it and getting different colours for the same mount...I could be misremembering though. I will go test it now with a toon that already has a unique mount...fingers crossed!

EDIT: Well...I tested it and got the same results as you got and what I had seen recently...I really dont know how to get the different colours if its possible...all I can think of is completing the quest in a campaign game if you havent already done so, then quitting and rejoining the game to see if it refreshes the sellers offers.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Aye, I play in SP mode and I was excited after reading that with the prospect of playing a rev tech caster seraphim on the white tiger (green one is icky!). Granted I can still ride a white tiger but of course it wont have any bonuses for rev tech. Thanks for clearing that up Dragon :agreed:.

I think this color thing got "fixed" when we introduced the neutral aspect mount again.

You are playing with the cm-patch, don't you?

Does that mean using the cm-patch lets you get the different coloured mounts for the same aspect or prevents you from getting it?

The CM patch introduced the neutral mount back into the game, so that probably had something to do with it. The only way to know for sure would probably be to do a clean installation of Sacred 2 and see what you get.