Inquisitor Hybrid - help with build

jurrasicpunk

So I started up another inquisitor as my old one is gone. (Probably deleted it for some reason or another) Anyway, one of the best tactics I tend to use right now for him as of level 10 is Clustering to pile huge groups together and then letting loose with Levin Aray and then just watch their bodies create this huge explosion. Lots of fun to watch.

Now I play on console so I'm looking for some critique on what I have thus far based on that and based on plans I have for him.

Attributes I've spent so far are a 50/50 mix of Health and Str. Why those two? I like the GI aspect of him better cause of the raw brute power and the melee aspect. Not sure if that mix would work for him, though he does have a nice modifier for Int anyway.

My skills so far and planned are as such.

Bargaining 10 (Kept at Character level. use this to try and get him some nice gear...though in bronze I'm not sure how many +to all skills rings and what not I'll find)

Dual Wield 5 (Thinking about leaving this here and maybe look for some +skill stuff to keep it where it needs to be)

Tactics Lore 3 (Trying to put this at character level as well)

Armor Lore 1 (Gonna put 5 in here for sure so I can unlock constitution. I don't want too much defense cause with PC taking damage is kind of key to optimizing the buff)

Those are what I have now, and here is what I plan

GI Focus (pretty much right now it would mostly be the odd point here and there so that I can have high access to higher levels skills. Unless I don't need the higher level skills and can just get my mods from Tactics that would save me a skill.)

Constitution (Like having lots of health so I don't die.)

Concentration (Master this at 75 so I can have 3 buffs running which I'm thinking PC,Dopple,and RP)

AS Lore

AS Focus (These two I can possibly switch lore out with GI focus if it turns out I really don't need it.)

That's pretty much what my plan is thus far. that's only 9 skills so maybe CD for the last spot. But for the most part I'd just be using GI Combat Arts for Boss killing and Astute for mobbing.

In the GSF is a guide about a hybrid which uses polearms from a mount to hit all the enemies collected by the black hole. The guide reads that polearm damage will outnumber damage done my inquisitor spells late game by a big amount.

Polearm from mount back seems to have a long range.

So I started up another inquisitor as my old one is gone. (Probably deleted it for some reason or another) Anyway, one of the best tactics I tend to use right now for him as of level 10 is Clustering to pile huge groups together and then letting loose with Levin Aray and then just watch their bodies create this huge explosion. Lots of fun to watch.

Ohhhhh, so much fun! Clustering has a couple of neat-o combos that just make you smile, evilly ;)

Bargaining 10 (Kept at Character level. use this to try and get him some nice gear...though in bronze I'm not sure how many +to all skills rings and what not I'll find)

Dual Wield 5 (Thinking about leaving this here and maybe look for some +skill stuff to keep it where it needs to be)

Tactics Lore 3 (Trying to put this at character level as well)

Armor Lore 1 (Gonna put 5 in here for sure so I can unlock constitution. I don't want too much defense cause with PC taking damage is kind of key to optimizing the buff)

Looks good, except... get out of bronze! Unless you're going for the achievements, I guess.

Those are what I have now, and here is what I plan

GI Focus (pretty much right now it would mostly be the odd point here and there so that I can have high access to higher levels skills. Unless I don't need the higher level skills and can just get my mods from Tactics that would save me a skill.)

Constitution (Like having lots of health so I don't die.)

Concentration (Master this at 75 so I can have 3 buffs running which I'm thinking PC,Dopple,and RP)

AS Lore

AS Focus (These two I can possibly switch lore out with GI focus if it turns out I really don't need it.)

That's pretty much what my plan is thus far. that's only 9 skills so maybe CD for the last spot. But for the most part I'd just be using GI Combat Arts for Boss killing and Astute for mobbing.

The only thing about the 3 buffs that I don't like is the AI of the doppleganger. It makes me cringe to see it Clustering ONE enemy, or Levin Array the single monster instead of the group, etc, etc...

10th skill I would recommend Toughness. I know you want a "controlled" enraged bonus via Purifying Chast., BUT, the Inquisitor has very "light" armour, and IMO Toughness is always needed for him, even needed more than armour lore. Both work wonderfully together, OBV.

This is a very powerful character, offense-wise. Some attention to detail is needed for his defenses. Get Reverse Polarity modded for Close Combat and magic/spell/CA reflecting ASAP. Cast it at high-level with a buff suit. Try to keep some evasion and/or blocking on your bargained armour to help as well in the lower levels. As you move into Platinum or Niob, you will want some good amounts of mitigation, so mastery of Armour Lore is recommended to unlock some 5-channel mitigation on shoulders and chestplates.

Good luck and have fun! I know I did :)

@chattius: Good to know. I've thought about making a class that utilizes pole arm weapons at some point but never really thought to use an Inquisitor. Shadow Warrior comes to mind but...well....the Shadow Warrior seems like a tank class...and after WoW I hate playing anything coming close to a tank.

@essjayehm: Thanks for the advice man. I like the raw power provided by the Inquisitor but my friend who plays plays mostly Light on his seraphim and I'm at a bit of a loss on what character to play. I like the power the Inquisitor has, and all. But the melee aspect is getting kind of eh. Problem is, the Spell casting aspect of the game is really rough at the start. And I thought playing a caster at the start of WoW was rough. Which was why I kind of wanted to build a hybrid caster melee.

@chattius: Good to know. I've thought about making a class that utilizes pole arm weapons at some point but never really thought to use an Inquisitor. Shadow Warrior comes to mind but...well....the Shadow Warrior seems like a tank class...and after WoW I hate playing anything coming close to a tank.

@essjayehm: Thanks for the advice man. I like the raw power provided by the Inquisitor but my friend who plays plays mostly Light on his seraphim and I'm at a bit of a loss on what character to play. I like the power the Inquisitor has, and all. But the melee aspect is getting kind of eh. Problem is, the Spell casting aspect of the game is really rough at the start. And I thought playing a caster at the start of WoW was rough. Which was why I kind of wanted to build a hybrid caster melee.

Actually, casters aren't too bad @ start, really... you do need to use multiple combat arts, or even all 3 aspects so you can always have a spell ready to cast. Socketing Enhance (blacksmith rune) is one of the best early-game boosts a caster can get. Of course, a level 2 shopper could probably set up a caster for survivability + ability to spam combat arts quite easily :sigh:

Too bad about your friend using a seraphim... makes playing an Inquisitor out of the question 8(

Thanks. I always envy the casters of the games I play cause they typically look the coolest both in their abilities and their gear. (Again, if I go back to wow it might be my mage though she has a lot working on to do. First would be getting 1k gold to get dual spec) But I always have that issue with casters that I can't seem to get them to push the numbers or have the survival I want.

With Sacred it's a bit of both. I've tried fire and it had the power, just not the survival. I tried ice, and it had the survival but now power. I thought about playing Arcane but it doesn't look like it was ever meant to stand on it's own like fire or frost. (Sorry if I'm using wrong terminology for the game. I'm still stuck in the WoW language.)

Thanks. I always envy the casters of the games I play cause they typically look the coolest both in their abilities and their gear. (Again, if I go back to wow it might be my mage though she has a lot working on to do. First would be getting 1k gold to get dual spec) But I always have that issue with casters that I can't seem to get them to push the numbers or have the survival I want.

With Sacred it's a bit of both. I've tried fire and it had the power, just not the survival. I tried ice, and it had the survival but now power. I thought about playing Arcane but it doesn't look like it was ever meant to stand on it's own like fire or frost. (Sorry if I'm using wrong terminology for the game. I'm still stuck in the WoW language.)

Well...arcane probably wont work out best on its own, you could read through this build though (Schots Bolting Terror) and maybe get some ideas, its a great read at least. I know its pre Ice&Blood, but with a little tweaking I think it could work some wonders...although using shadow step may be a bit harder now.

Well...arcane probably wont work out best on its own, you could read through this build though (Schots Bolting Terror) and maybe get some ideas, its a great read at least. I know its pre Ice&Blood, but with a little tweaking I think it could work some wonders...although using shadow step may be a bit harder now.

If only I could play Ice and Blood. I'm on the console so if it's pre ice and blood not an issue. My gaming comp is in a state of limbo right now because of some start up issues. (Not sure what it is. I would say video card but that's integrated so only thing I can think of is that the hard drive is going out on it...but even then I'm unsure.)

Will read the thread though, might get an idea but playing anything where you gotta pick the target area to activate it is rather rough on console (Hold button and move cursor to pick target and hope the mobs don't kill you while you are doing this.)

Actually, when you get to late-game, it's kinda the opposite of what you say. The fire buff reflects close combat and in the late game, that becomes the biggest concern for the Elf, since you can use Expulse magic to keep the combat arts from hurting you. The ice buff only grants physical resistance, and Niob offers more elemental damage than the earlier difficulties.

Chattius explained it best to say that Crystal Skin is superior to Incandenescent Skin in the early game, but late-game the fire buff is "better". Maybe not strictly better, but overall.

if your running a close combat Inquisitor try getting all the set items for Ilgards judgement this is his close combat set armour has quite a few good slots and confers the biggest armour value of all his armours

(except the cowl of catharis which I believe has the biggest) cowl is a chest plate

Edited by thedarkheart
if your running a close combat Inquisitor try getting all the set items for Ilgards judgement this is his close combat set armour has quite a few good slots and confers the biggest armour value of all his armours

Oh, Darkheart... you must be truly evil :D That, or you don't know the Ilgard's set full set bonus of "serious open wounds +x%" is bugged on console versions. It gives YOU serious open wounds instead of the enemy!

(except the cowl of catharis which I believe has the biggest) cowl is a chest plate

Er... this made me smile. I don't know why, though :woot: