Looking for a mod to change the appearance of a weapon.

Extes

OH HAI!

Im still new to sacred and was hoping for some help making a mod to change the appearance of a weapon. Not a specific weapon though, a mod that would make what ever my Melee weapon was look like a double saber. Any Modders out there done this yet? Alternatively, any armor mods to give off the appearance of a trench coat? If this is a rediculous question, let me know, I just figured Id try here since this sight already had so much great info. Thanks!

Thanks, Ive looked around at the other mods, but most of what Ive found are just pictures of what someone else has posted, regardless, between teh time I posted my request and now, Ive been having trouble getting other mods to work (the camera mod for example) while Im making the other ones work, Imma just put this on hold, and probably look harder before asking again about it.

Perhaps this is the topic you are looking for:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13524

It explains how to change weapon appearance in some detail, using Officer's Sabre as an example. Tried this myself, and it works... well, sort of. The thing is, I don't know how to find specific items in "itemtype.txt" file, so ATM I'm limited to changing the Sabre. Anyway, it's a starting point - at least it gives you the necessary tools and files to work with.

• 2 months later...

hi

the best way I have found to find items within itemtype is by using the blueprint file, as it has most items specifically named(with some var in german on them) and by using granny viewer to check the files, just copy out "graphics 5" (I think) and extract from the copy the files that are for swords and stuff. hope this helps