Odd online behaviour

Ok...now this may seem like an odd question but has anyone who has been on the servers in the last hour or so noticed that they have been one hitting anything they find or doing absurdly large amounts of damage? I noticed I was killing anything that I hit in one hit regardless of how much hp it had compared to my melee hits (eg 20K health vs 1.5k damage and death in one hit) so I decided to try it out against some bosses. I tested it against Gahanka the kobold chieftain first...1 hit later and he was dead. So I figured why not, lets go kill the guardians. So, to play it safe I went in firstly with a %LL shuriken, and it seemed normal, until I realised that I was hitting the first guardian (at level 75, it was 84 or something for 20k damage +2k leech, next hit 50k and same amount of leech until he died. So that was odd. Then, I switched back to my normal weapons and whammo, one hit kills vs the guardians, infact, I killed the last one before it activated.... So yeah, anyone noticed this?

Edit: Heres the video. If you watch it at 720p you can see exactly how much damage I do with the shuriken. And then when I switched to 2 swords against guardians 2 and onwards you can see how little damage it does...~1k.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Wonder if it has something to do with "Chance to inflict Serious Open Wounds"? That can take quite a chunk of the Guardians hitpoints away.

Also are you using the silver mod "Lacerate" on Callous Exacution? because that has scaling serious wounds too.

anyway, awesome video. Have never seen them one shotted before and would love to know how you did it :)

I was wondering wether it could have been a yet unknown bug Loco. It depends if DB can reproduce it or not :)

I remember a video Erling posted a long time ago of him one shotting the garganthrapod with a dual wield Inquisitor.

I was wondering wether it could have been a yet unknown bug Loco. It depends if DB can reproduce it or not :)

I remember a video Erling posted a long time ago of him one shotting the garganthrapod with a dual wield Inquisitor.

Interesting...... DB should be getting up soon. Let's see what he thinks. he did mention his LL star was normal, but the DW attack was instant kill.

@Claudius it was a gold server...I kept checking the difficulty to make sure I wasn't in silver.

@loco I didn't try it in another server, I got tired and watched some tv after uploading the video. Also, the shuriken was broken to...it was hitting for 26k damage, then 50k damage. And it did 700k damage to one of the little temple guardians that rub around.

@Dobs since I'm playing a caster inquis I wasn't using any Combat Arts on him since they are all Area of Effect (the ones I'm using anyway), I only hit them with normal melée attacks. I'm nor sure about the wounds modifier...I might have it, but it's not something I remember on my gear. But I'll check it and another server later, I'm assuming it was just an odd server tho.

Well...double post but meh :)

Ok, well, it looks like it was just a one off server bug. Strange though. I did have ~5% chance to inflict open wounds but not the serious or other types. Oh well, I have a video commemorating the odd occasion and thats it I guess.