Dual wield + archangel wrath

Pavlo

Yo!

I just finished a pyro high elf (my lan character, I'm playing with friend) and going to make seraphim warrior/tech with duals now. That will be my 5th try to make good seraphim and I need your opinion about this wrath. Dmg from only first weapon like in soul hammer, not sounds good.

The 'useless' second weapon can be used to socket stuff in. If you use a 3 socket lefthand weapon you can socket in niob with some luck/bargaining: 3 rings, each with damage 50-50, 40% damage. So the gap between a big two-handed and dual-wield or weapon/shield gets smaller in niob.

In bronze you start with damage 1-1 rings which are just around 2 percent of a 50 weapon damage. In niob you can get rings with damage 50-50 or better, compare this to 400 weapon damage, ring is 12.5% of weapon damage. So damage x-x rings will get more and more important the higher the difficulty.

These scaling damage x-x rings make it possible to play weaponless Kungfu Dryads.

Soul Hammer and Archangel's Wrath both use main weapon only (plus all sockets, as in chattius's post); that's why all Warrior/RevTech Seras I made used polearms instead of dual wield - you only lose one hit with Pelting Strikes, while getting huge damage bonus per hit and AW capable of frying entire groups in one go. Obviously left click attacks are much slower, but this gets less and less important as you level up.

Alternatively, you could go with DW and keep the biggest halberd you can find on weapon switch - you can always use it to fire AW bolts when needed.

Heya,

a nice twohander does a good job... a bit slow, but nice enough. Built both variants. DW with AW, and sword weapon lore with a LL% twohander for AW. In the end.. the difference was not that big, all depends on what you do with extra slots on DW...

So, in short, both options are very much playable :)

Greetz