Basic decisions for my main, arrggghhh!!

Recently picked up Sacred 2 now that I have a new Xbox 360 (sold my old copy as I decided that with the death of my last Xbox 360 I'd take a break from gaming for a while). I'm wondering, as a High Elf, which would be the best campaign for me to start out in?

Other than for achievements (I completed the Light campaign on a Dryad playthrough) I'm torn which campaign to take her into because I want to make my High Elf (Dryss Darkfire - Pyromancer) my main character which I invest most of my time into. I'm really one of those people who just has to get it right the first time, so I can really get into the character (I really hope I'm not alone here, lol) seems I intend to go upto level 200 with her.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by Unreal Warfare

Welcome to Dark Matters, UnrealWarfare!

If you're just re-starting with a brand new character on a brand new console, you won't have any goodies stored in your chest... and I'm thinking specifically about health potions. So my suggestion would be to start in Bronze difficulty for the first few levels (12-18 or so) to build up your potions somewhat. Heck, even the first 5 levels, or when you get to about 20 or 30 potions, then switch to Silver difficulty. Unless you want to get the achevements, there is no need to complete the Bronze difficulty.

After switching to Silver, I would try to get thru it as fast as possible... don't bother with too many sidequests or map exploration just yet. I usually just run the main quest only, but I do try to kill every enemy along the way, just to ensure I gain sufficient levels to be able to kill the final bosses (aka Nameless Guardians) without too much difficulty. Go into gold around level 40 or 50 and then do a little sidequesting and map % in each area of Ancaria along the main quest; and I would suggest moving into Platinum about level 70-75. Same idea for Plat, a little more revealing of the map, killing mini-bosses, maybe even tackle the Empty Office Quest. Most of us recommend moving into Niobium anywhere between level 80-120, depending on how comfortable you feel. After that, it's the long, long grind getting a toon up to 200.

Good luck, and have fun!

Thanks for the welcome.

It's funny you suggest this because (although not to the letter) it's pretty much what I'm currently doing, haha. I already completed Bronze difficulty when I last owned the game so I'm just building up potions, skills, and cash at the moment. I decided to go Light campaign (I'll just do Shadow with another character for fun with my mate on local co-op) after reading elsewhere on here that multiplayer online is easier to get into as everyone tends to play Light campaign characters. At level 6 currently and going to switch over at level 10.

Are there any good High Elf threads (other than Kats Pyro) around the forum to take a peek at and get some tips? I have a general idea of the game mechanics from my old Dryad playthroughs (and reading the wiki last time around) so know how to get around regeneration times, build 1 skill combos with Combat Discipline, etc. I aim to build up my character my own way however rather than stick to a tried and tested formula (simply because where's the fun in that?) so any helpful advice is most welcome.

Edited by Unreal Warfare

Firstly, welcome to the forums :woot:

Ok, well, if its HE stuff you're after a read through any of the builds in this forum will help you out:

High Elf Guides

Any of them, Ice and Blood ones included will work fine on console so you can read through them for little helpful HE tips and pointers.

I m'self am thoroughly enjoying the Icy Hot Patch HE (spamming GT, IS, etc., love it), and therefore recommend it (I tried playing a different high elf before using this build and just didn't like it that much).

Unreal,

When I started Sacred 2 I noticed that it requires good items to be successful. And with the high elf's initial troubles [later she's a beast] things can be frustrating having to suck dry all those health pots against lowly enemies.

My suggestion is to create a strong fighter who will act as your shopper. Allow this character to get that high survival bonus and whip through the bosses while collecting the items your other character needs. Then when you use your high elf, she'll be better prepared to fight and survive. I really like the Temple Guardian for this as his death spears are truly boss killers. I collect of sorts of things with this character; high bargain, enhanced perception ect...

Zconnor

Unreal,

When I started Sacred 2 I noticed that it requires good items to be successful. And with the high elf's initial troubles [later she's a beast] things can be frustrating having to suck dry all those health pots against lowly enemies.

My suggestion is to create a strong fighter who will act as your shopper. Allow this character to get that high survival bonus and whip through the bosses while collecting the items your other character needs. Then when you use your high elf, she'll be better prepared to fight and survive. I really like the Temple Guardian for this as his death spears are truly boss killers. I collect of sorts of things with this character; high bargain, enhanced perception ect...

Zconnor

^ Yes. As I haven't raised all the classes to max level (or even one really) I'm not sure about some of them but imo the HE is the slowest class to get going. Though I use my shadow warrior for potion collection (grim resilience + NA or RE=barely ever use health pots->hundreds and hundreds of health pots to put in the chest).