Quest - Old MacDonald has no carrot! (WINK)

I'm not sure what to do with this, written in response to what I have been reading here about Easter eggs. I have written a guide to a Quest I found quite by accident tonight and just had to share it. This has to be an Easter egg or my name is not James Dean!

1. Speak to a dog at a farm a few minutes west of Teardrop Hamlet. You will be told that old farmer MacDonald has no carrots to enter into the competition at the fair in Clearview this year because a raiding party of zombies from the swamp ate everything last week. He needs some magic poo so he can grow some carrots quickly enough to be ready for the fair.

01.jpg

2. Travel to Sloeford and speak to the barmaid. She will tell you to follow a dog to a cave. Unfortunately she does not know which dog you should follow but she thinks the chickens might be able to help.

02.jpg

3. Follow the road a short distance north. You will be told by the chicken that she does not know which dog it is either but she does know that the dogs girlfriend is Tiddles, the local cat.

03.jpg

4. You will find Tiddles on the eastern edge of Sloeford. Watch Tiddles for a while and the dog will appear.

04a.jpg

04b.jpg

5. Follow the dog to a cave. Wait for the dog to enter and re-emerge from the cave.

05.jpg

6. Enter the cave and a previously locked gate will be unlocked, kill the rats and walk inside. On the floor is a barrel and a wheelbarrow, as you approach them you will receive poison damage (the Log says something about a bad smell). Underneath the barrel (I suggest you move it with your foot) is a map giving the location, in Artamark, of some magic llama poo hidden there by the dog and cat.

06b.jpg

7. Speak with Alchemist Jacobas in Thylisium. He will give you a magic poo box and a magic poo freeze weapon.

NOTE: You will need to have completed Through The Wall before you can continue.

8. Travel to Artamark and search for the magic llama poo in Whisperwood. Unfortunately the Quest Marker for this part of the Quest seems to be broken but look around long enough and you will find it.

08.jpg

9. Equip the magic poo freeze weapon and use it on the magic llama poo (warning, don't get too close it deals massive poison and magic damage). Click on the frozen magic llama poo and you will be told it has been collected.

10. When the poo has been collected the Llama8 boss will appear. He will try to blind you by giving you things to read so I suggest you have as much magic resistance as possible and a mug of strong coffee, he seems to have no other form of attack. DON'T HIT HIM OR LOOK AT HIM, EITHER WILL CAUSE YOU TO BE DELETED FROM THE GAME! For as long as you ignore him his hitpoints will drop, when they reach 25% (be patient, it took me 20 minutes because he simply wouldn't stop writing) he will be transformed into a human and run away.

10.jpg

11. Return to Old Macdonalds farm and give him the box of magic llama poo.

07.jpg

REWARD: A two piece Set customised for your character. Armour with 100% immunity to T-Energy Damage and a Helmet with 100% Poo Odour Protection, both have 8 sockets and level up with your character so will never need to be replaced.

reward.png

If you complete this quest on Closednet you will be contacted by a staff member from Dipshiver by the name of Smellypoo. Give him/her your email address, you will be sent a voucher for a free gift from this website

http://www.cafepress.com/+cartoon-llama+mugs

A performance of the official Llama Song will now be available by clicking on Specials and then Videos. Because this Quest is actually impossible to complete unless you live in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch and the first letter of your first name is Y here is the video for you to watch.

And he said we would never find the Quest. do I get a prize?

Edited by gogoblender

Thanks, but we haven't read what "the man" thinks yet :)

By the way I was up until 6am doing that thing so he better be smiling.

Edited by Gordius

LOL!

That's just awesome!

I will say the nasty words near the end kinda made me flinch...but SChot agreed to a warning on this topic...JUST ONCE ^^

It's that good, just too funny, and hey...I always wanted to know what that dog was about...and connecting him to a cat, a chicken, and then the llama poo... genius.

Really nice work here Andrew, thanks

:)

gogo

I will say the nasty words near the end kinda made me flinch...but SChot agreed to a warning on this topic...JUST ONCE ^^

It's that good, just too funny, and hey...I always wanted to know what that dog was about...and connecting him to a cat, a chicken, and then the llama poo... genius.

I was a bit unsure of "those words" too but couldn't resist that box pic, its actually a very serious and practical innovation. Warning acknowledged ... sorry.

By the way, this all started after reading what I think was your question about where the dogs go. I spend ages finding out. If you want to know what happens to them I can tell you all but maybe you like to keep guessing. Then I found the cat so started to follow that. Next I found another dog on a farm a very long way away, nicer animations but mostly goes nowhere.

Edited by Gordius

You did the next best thing possible in lieue of a real travesty. I think so many of us have wondered where the dogs go...and come on...who has NOT followed them? :) The Ascaron team had so many possibilities, there could have been THE coolest Easter Eggs.

You filled in something I think we've been waiting for...you connected two of the games' mysteries in a sweet aromatic bundle of joy.

:)

gogo

Thanks, but we haven't read what "the man" thinks yet :)

Yes, I smiled. :)

Though you missed out the curry-based attack. ;)

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch's a naught word? I guess it is in Welsh...

Thanks, but we haven't read what "the man" thinks yet :P

Yes, I smiled. ;)

Though you missed out the curry-based attack. ;)

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch's a naught word? I guess it is in Welsh...

Hmmm, I miss the curry from home, the Spanish have plenty of hot food but our curry is pretty rare.

No, that's not a naughty world. It is the o one of the longest placenames in the World, its in NW Wales (UK).

Wiki says "The long form of the name is the longest officially recognised place name in the United Kingdom and one of the longest in the world, being 58 letters in length (51 letters in the Welsh alphabet, where "ch" and "ll" count as single letters). The name means: St Mary's Church (Llanfair) in a hollow (pwll) of white hazel (gwyngyll) near (goger) the swirling whirlpool (y chwyrndrobwll) of the church of St Tysilio (llantysilio) with a red cave ([a]g ogo goch). This village was originally known as Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll (and is sometimes still referred to as Llanfairpwllgwyngyll) and was given its long name in the 19th century in an attempt to develop the village as a commercial and tourist centre (see Significance of the name below). Today the village is still signposted as Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, marked on Ordnance Survey maps as Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll and is known to locals as Llanfairpwll or simply Llanfair.

The name is also seen shortened to Llanfair PG, which is sufficient to distinguish it from the many other Welsh villages with Llanfair in their names. Other variant forms use the full name but with tysilio mutated to dysilio, and/or with a hyphen between drobwll and llan. In Welsh, the initial Ll may be mutated to a single L in some contexts."

Edited by Gordius
Wiki says "The long form of the name is the longest officially recognised place name in the United Kingdom and one of the longest in the world, being 58 letters in length (51 letters in the Welsh alphabet, where "ch" and "ll" count as single letters). The name means: St Mary's Church (Llanfair) in a hollow (pwll) of white hazel (gwyngyll) near (goger) the swirling whirlpool (y chwyrndrobwll) of the church of St Tysilio (llantysilio) with a red cave ([a]g ogo goch). This village was originally known as Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll (and is sometimes still referred to as Llanfairpwllgwyngyll) and was given its long name in the 19th century in an attempt to develop the village as a commercial and tourist centre (see Significance of the name below).

So, they changed it from "St Mary's Church in a hollow of white hazel" (fair enough), to "St Mary's Church in a hollow of white hazel near the swirling whirlpool of the church of St Tysilio with a red cave where I got lost as a young boy & fell over & hurt my knee, it was really painful & no-one found me for hours & hours & hours. Barstewards!"