Divine Devotion

My daughter is playing an elf which has divine devotion because of roleplay reasons. She asked if she should keep the skill at just 1 point and what she will win if the skill is at mastery.

All I could say was that without mastery the minimum cooldown of a 900s godpower is 180s and with mastery it is 130s.

I think DD is a mix of a focus and a lore and each Character-Level a 'rune' is read into the god power. If so, then mastery should give some extra x% damage to the god power because being a lore and some more ca-levels being a focus.

Related questions:

Deity statues: give they a fixed bonus or a relative bonus depending on the cooldown modified by DD.

What will a statue do to a Godpower with a 130s cooldown?

Doubt it, but does anyone have a character which really uses DD?

Site note:

We can't play online because of only short wave radio upload. So we play Lan and can modify god powers a bit. We are currently modifying them in a way that they all will be 900s cooldown without DD. Each godpower has a two parts: a one time effect and a mini-buff lasting 180s. For example Lumen is modified to have its normal one time effect and adds some intelligence for 3 minutes.

Heya,

I remember we tried Testa's with DD during the Gold digger event.... After the event, I left the skill untouched, tho I think your conception of Focus/Lore is exactly what it is. Mastery should have a bit of both indeed....

Maybe one of the other Golddiggers kept DD up to speed after the event? Schot?

Greetz

Well, I can test it with the elf... one more level and I have 75 free skill points I can do "full" tests on DD.

I do remember Llama saying that Mastery doesn't grant anything because the Dev's didn't get to finishing it before release.

Heya,

well.... I find Llama's info to be quite trustworthy... so I'll change to zit bonus on Mastery... :)

Xcept that Electric Poo bit ! :viking:

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
I do remember Llama saying that Mastery doesn't grant anything because the Dev's didn't get to finishing it before release.

Mastery doesn't give anything extra, it should still give an increase to the "CA level" of your godspell.

DD definitely functions as the Focus skill for the godspell (and the "runes read" for the god spell is always character level). I guess the easiest way to check if DD acts as the Lore as well is to test with Lumen & change the damage to be a static number (doesn't increase with level), then if you put points into DD & the damage increases then DD functions as the Lore as well as Focus (without changing the damage in Spells.txt the damage would increase as you level up/put points in DD anyway).

Mastery doesn't give anything extra, it should still give an increase to the "CA level" of your godspell.

DD definitely functions as the Focus skill for the godspell (and the "runes read" for the god spell is always character level). I guess the easiest way to check if DD acts as the Lore as well is to test with Lumen & change the damage to be a static number (doesn't increase with level), then if you put points into DD & the damage increases then DD functions as the Lore as well as Focus (without changing the damage in Spells.txt the damage would increase as you level up/put points in DD anyway).

Alrighty, should be easy to test with the elf, she has Testa, so just adding DD to her skillset should show that DD acts as a "lore" if the damage increases when it is added. If damage does not increase, then DD just reduces cooldown. I can report back on Monday how that works out for the console version (which, IIRC, DD didn't change thru the patches...so it should still be consistent with Ice and Blood, and even CM patch)

Lumen

Feedback from the elven Wala character of my daughter: Lumen priestess with full arcane, storm and fire just the foci.

The damage versus undeads and t-creatures seems not to be affected by x% damage on equipment, combat discipline, ....

Strangly the general damage versus all enemy types is.

Probably Testa will do more damage even versus undeads and t-creatures because of this.

Ok... I guess the results can be interpreted a couple of different ways. Using Testa godpower, here's what happened:

NO Divine Devotion:

Regen time 1200 seconds (20 mins), damage ~2500, duration 10.0 seconds, healing 100

1 Point in DD, with +77 allskills:

Regen time 468 seconds (7.75 mins) damage ~6500, duration 10.0 seconds, healing 100

75 points in DD, with +77 allskills:

Regen time 280 seconds (4.67 mins) damage ~10500, duration 10.0 seconds, healing 100

For those interested, my intelligence was 658.

Now, the question remains is Divine Devotion acting as a lore? I think the answer is yes, but I am unsure if the god power is "penalized" like the combat arts are. If it is, then DD could be strictly a "Focus" but if not then it definitely acts as a lore, with about +420% damage at soft level 152 (75+77).

Thoughts?

Did you modify the Godspell to have a fixed damage (ie, doesn't increase with level)? Since the "runes read" level of the godspell is fixed to your character level, if you had a high level character & dumped a load of points into DD (with the vanila/unmodiffied version of Sacred 2/Ice and Blood) I would expect the damage to increase anyway as the CA level increases...

Did the CA level increase significantly when you put points in DD? If so, that's probably why the damage increased. Your initial Testa level (the one giving 2500 damage) was probably ~33.7 (meaning your character level was probably something like 130-140?), the one with 1 point in DD was probably level ~90.9 & the third one ~148?

Edit: Go into the Spells.txt, find "mgr.defineSpell( "gott_wissen_drohnen", {" (Testa) & then replace the following line:

entry2 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 1400, 700, 0, 133 },

with:

entry2 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 1400, 0, 0, 133 },

That'll get rid of the damage increase per level

Did the CA level increase significantly when you put points in DD? If so, that's probably why the damage increased. Your initial Testa level (the one giving 2500 damage) was probably ~33.7 (meaning your character level was probably something like 130-140?), the one with 1 point in DD was probably level ~90.9 & the third one ~148?

Yeah, OOPS... another "fail" for me. I've never seen a "level" associated with the godspell. Since I am on console, I cannot modify (read: WILL NOT mod) my files. I'll have a more careful look at the overview tonight to see if there is a godspell-level shown on the consoles.

For better reference, my level was 95 when I did these tests.

Had a really, really, good, long look last night. There is no displayed "level" for the godspell on the consoles. Thought I was :) for a minute.

Claudius, sorry I didn't look to see the difference between 74/75 hard points. I'll re-run the test next time I'm on - maybe tonite maybe not. IIRC, it wasn't huge, but there could be a "shift" as you said.

Ok, I did a bit of tweaking (reduced the per level increase on Testa to 0 & increased the base damage): level 1 = 4,312, level 2 = 4,406 (due to Int increase). With DD level 1, damage = 4,842, with 2 points in DD, damage = 5,009.

Therefore DD functions as both the lore & focus.

I consider it as useless. 130s is the minimal possible cooldown for a 900s god power. To wait 2 minutes is a bit too much in my opinion. High specialized characters can kill a boss in 10 seconds.

I think the CM patch doesn't want to have the spells.txt touched. Else I would say: turn the god powers into minibuffs lasting 3 minutes and make them add something fitting for their name.

Lumen - as now and magic find minibuff?

Ker - add a less powerful demon lasting up for 3 minutes and x% lifeleech on your weapon attacks up to 1% ?

Claudius, as you expected, there is a shift in the cooldown and damage calculations when moving from 74 to 75 hard points:

74 points - 438.7 cooldown and 5564 damage

75 points - 427.3 cooldown and 5738 damage

These 2 numbers didn't positively verify this to me, so I did a couple of more:

74 points (143 with +allskills) - 355.2 cooldown, 8380 damage

75 points (144 with +allskills) - 286.7 cooldown, 10704 damage

Shows the calculation shift much better.

Personally, I would be on the fence regarding if it is useful or useless.

Vs. bosses - definitely useless for farming, but good for beating up on the bosses if you're campaign-running.

Vs. mobs - always useful, IMO.