Basic High Elf Guide

JC_Druid

Intro:

Hi all after spending time on the forums looking for how best to make a quick casting HE I made my own.

Firstly I would like to say sorry for the length of this post, the add ons I put in to it later will be much shorter. :)

I have now started my HE (Rapid Fire) and just reached level 20, as I progress through with this character I will update this in 20 level segments, this way I feel it might be better understood for the beginners, I hope you all enjoy. :)

My first decision I made after making this char was fire (Arrant Pyromancer)? or ice (Mystic Stormite)? I went with fire and I use ice as a minor skill, I look at all builds as having a Major Aspect, A Minor Aspect and a Support Aspect.

So for me with this build im going with Arrant Pyromancer as the Major Aspect, Mystic Stormite as my Minor Aspect and Delphic Arcana as my Support Aspect.

I chose Arrant Pyromancer as Major because I like the fire spells on offer (Blazing Tempest and Incendiary shower aka Meteors), so for damage this this will be our primary concern.

I chose Mystic Stormite as my Minor because it does still have some good spells (Glacial Thorns and Raging Nimbus) just in case the fire didn't finish them off, this way what you use doesn't effect the regen time of your Major aspect.

And I chose Delphic Arcana as my Support because it has the Grand Invigoration buff which reduces the regen time of all combat arts and increases your hitpoint regen, plus Delphic Arcana doesn't have as much to offer for damage spells.

Runes:

put 1 rune into every CA that we plan to use, just one for the moment, once we get our regen times down we put more in accordingly :), except Grand Invigoration put as much as we possibly can into this to reduce regen times.

Attributes:

there has been lots of discussion over attributes, mostly debating over Intelligence (for greater spell damage), Vitality (For Greater hp/survival) or Stamina (for quicker regen times)

I believe the best way to go is 50/50 INT/STA with VIT put in as needed, now for my char I went flat out STA to try make it even with INT, which I can tell you will not happen lol (however I do suggest doing the same to speed up how quickly your regen times come down), so once my INT reached 100 without any points put in I switched from flat out STA to flat out INT and will keep doing so till level 40 and then go 50/50 INT/STA

Skills:

I did these skills in this order so far

1) Arrant Pyromancer Lore - I know my main goal is to get my regen times down, however to start you wanna be able to kill mobs (put a point in every level)

2) Arrant Pyromancer Focus - this will reduce your regen times (put a point in every level catch it up to your level when you can)

3) Ancient Magic - this will further increase your damge (for now put points in when damage is needed)

4) Concentration - this will let you use two buffs and later on three it also reduces the regen times of all combat arts (put points in roughly 1 every 5 levels for now this will change later)

5) Delphic Aracana Focus - this is solely for getting higher levels in grand invigoration, yes the lore will increase its stats but with focus you get higher level spells without penalty and I dont want to waste 2 skill slots for a Support Aspect (put points in whenever possible untill you have 10 points in this skill, stop for now at that, we may come back to put more in)

6) Armor Lore - this will allow you to wear higher level gear, reduce the regen penalties on gear, give you all the benefits from most of your gear and give greater armor bonuses (put points in when your having trouble surviving)

7) empty

8) empty

9) empty

10) empty

Note: if you are new to the game or unsure of your ability put armor lore in first and race it to 10 then put points in when needed

Gear:

I wont go too into the gear, basically keep your armor as high as you can, in the early levels slot as much of your gear with Enhance as you can to further reduce your regen times

Play Style:

ok I play with these spells:

Grand Invigoration (buff): Always have this buff on, keep your regens down

Blazing Tempest: this wil be your most common spell, this is a mass mob killer, gather up groups and watch them burn, always keep moving though, I run from one end of the pack to the other letting Blazing Tempest loose each time I reach an end.

Incendiary Shower: This is primarily your boss killer, but its fun to let loose every now and then, when you reach bosses just spam them with this

Glacial Thorns: this is one of you minor spells, use it to finish of mobs that your fire didn't, (basicly I use this or Raging Nimbus right after I let loose a Blazing tempest for that bit of extra damage)

Raging Nimbus: your other minor spell, its good to use if you have alot of nearly dead mobs.

Expulse Magic: one of your useful Support spells, best used to de-buff a boss, using this on a big group of mobs will mean half your experience will run away cause of the unfortunate fear away effect on it.

Note: I do use other spells, but I fell any other spell to play with is up to user preferance

I think this should be a good start for newbies, any questions feel free :o otherwise ill update when im at level 40 see you then :)

Level 21-40:

ok first off ill start with the mods I should have put in the last one

Blazing Tempest:

Scorch: increases damage on impact

Conflagration: Chance to set targets ablaze

Ambition: Increased chance for criticals

Incendiary Shower:

Skull Smash: Chance to stun targets

Continuance: Prolongs the duration of Incendiary Shower

Copious Shower: Faster meteors

Incandescent Skin (buff):

Inferno: Increases Burn chance

Energy Focus: lowers regen time of aspect: Arrant Pyromancer

Arrant Pyromancer Expertise: Further reduces aspect: Arrant Pyromancer

Grand Invigoration:

Arrant Pyromancer Expertise: Further reduces aspect: Arrant Pyromancer

Replenish: further reduces regen times of all combat arts (Combat Arts)

Fleetness: Increases run speed while GI is active

Quick Fact: my Average Regen for Combat Arts currently sits at 1,487.0 % (just thought that was cool)

The news:

from level 21-40 I have gone all out INT for my attributes and will do so until level 50 where we have 2 points then go 50/50 INT/STAM and when your having trouble surviving apply VIT

I have found myself leveling mostly in the desert doing large laps of the outside, this will give a continous flow of mobs to kill and thus a continous flow of experience, I didnt stop to kill any mobs or worry about drops in my power leveling, I just keep running these laps and casting Blazing Tempest every 3-5 seconds one cast of this will kill most mobs, those that it doesnt will either survive and chase till you cast again and kill or they will fall off behind but! dont worry about going back after him there will be more mobs ahead :) I do know that not all people have the patience I have and would like to note I am not telling you to level this way just offering insight :) I also know that some will think of doing this as either cheating or being a noob but after restarting so many chars I just like to power to what I was up to and I get 1-2 levels per lap doing this with +42.5% experience per kill

ok so whats new now at level 40?

my skills now sit as listed below:

Arrant Pyromancer lore: 40

Arrant Pyromancer focus: 40

Ancient Magic: 8

Concentration: 8

Delphic Arcana Focus: 20

Armor Lore: 10

now I realize that most would probably do it differently but I am showing you guys how I did it, you will more than likely be different to mine as you will have different needs at different times

ultimately im keeping pyro lore and focus at level and applying points elsewhere when needed, for insatnce if my damage needs work points go inancient magic, my regen times need work points go in concentration or Delphic Arcana Focus, and survival points go in armor lore

currently my main spells are as follows:

Blazing Tempest:

Level: 4

Regen Time: 1.0 second

Impact Damage: 122

Burn Damage: 122.2 per second

Incendiary Shower:

Damage per Meteor: 229

Regen Time: 1.0 second

Meteors: 10

Incandescent Skin:

Regen Penalty: +8.6%

Regen Aspect Arrant Pyromancer: -48.9%

Grand Invigoration:

Level: 23.8 (28 runes read)

Hitpoint Regen: 38.0 per second

Regen Penalty: -36.4%

Regen Aspect Arrant Pyromancer: :) (doesnt say)

Attributes:

Stamina: 158

Vitality: 110

Intelligence: 207

Note: I didnt bother putting all attributes up as no other ones will have points put in for my build

well I think thats all for now, any questions feel free to post :) see you at level 60 if not

Edited by JC_Druid

cheers for the compliments, I actually got most of my ideas from both of you two

I forgot to mention at level 20 I managed to get my Blazing Tempest and Meteors down to under 2s with grand invigoration but no incandescent skin

I waited to get the regen down time on the buff before use which was at level 21 and took the spells down to 1.6 and 1.7

I do hope I make people smile with this progression and perhaps help a few newbs like myself understand the game and its mechanics a little better