The "head north" button

Oh, I don't know what I would ever do without it.

I would surely be lost in the deep forests of the realm, and would perish in the deep streets of Thylisium.

Alright, down to buisness..

WHY?

Why did they include the head north button.

They could instead use the R3 (for PS3) for a "increase minimap size"-function so that I don't get lost in the city, and walk into dead ends!

Does anybody know if they actually included a button like this for consoles?

If they did, I would REALLY like to know! :D

And by the way, do we really need the head north function?

I mean, there's an arrow on the minimap that points north, but shouldn't that be enough?

I was using it on horse riders who used horse combat arts. Charge was active for several seconds as long you weren't riding into an obstacle. So pressing a mixture of w, s and y allowed to charge around a triangle :D

But that was the only time I was using the key in combat.

I was using it on horse riders who used horse combat arts. Charge was active for several seconds as long you weren't riding into an obstacle. So pressing a mixture of w, s and y allowed to charge around a triangle :D

But that was the only time I was using the key in combat.

Oh well, I haven't gotten around to try out horses yet, but I'm pretty sure the head north-button wouldn't make a difference between life and death in a combat situation.

No it was like:

Charge seemed to damage each enemy only once. So pressing w and s alone had a high chance that you were charging into the same enemies over and over again. If your orientation was a bit off, say north-northwest you charged a lined with w, then pressed s to return and the next charge you pressed y and then w and s. So you had 2 different charge lines. Hard to explain it and horse-Combat Arts are not playable with fun as long you are not fixing their buggy recharge times with a patch.

No it was like:

Charge seemed to damage each enemy only once. So pressing w and s alone had a high chance that you were charging into the same enemies over and over again. If your orientation was a bit off, say north-northwest you charged a lined with w, then pressed s to return and the next charge you pressed y and then w and s. So you had 2 different charge lines. Hard to explain it and horse-Combat Arts are not playable with fun as long you are not fixing their buggy recharge times with a patch.

Yes, you are probably right, but I still think it would be better to have a function that increased minimap size for console. :D

Using a hand-controller for the PS3 limits you with 16 buttons.

On a PC you have the whole keyboard to choose from.

I think I'd rather have a button that determines the range of certain combat arts I.e. switches between wide spread and tight grouping for HE's glacial thorns spell, or one that makes npcs immediately run over to you.

That and couch co-op can get annoying when one person decides to repeatedly press the head north button...

Edited by Rndm
I think I'd rather have a button that determines the range of certain combat arts I.e. switches between wide spread and tight grouping for HE's glacial thorns spell, or one that makes npcs immediately run over to you.

That and couch co-op can get annoying when one person decides to repeatedly press the head north button...

Yes, I agree.

I think the list of better functions would be endless.