Questions re: Equipped items, shields, come back later NPC's

Had this game for a month or so now, stumbled through a couple characters. Finally found a good website here it looks like!

I've settled on Dryad for now, will probably be starting another soon lol.

Shields... is dual wield necessary to use a sword lets say and shield combo?

............. otherwise is there any real point to using a shield? If you assign it a button will you recieve it's stats as it is 'equipped' kind of?

There seems to be a lot of NPC's with the ! mark around who say come back later or something similar. Am I not high enough level for the quest or are they there just to be annoying?

The gold mode, you die and you toon is erased or?

Thanks for any responses!

Edited by gogoblender

You do not need dual wield to use a shield.

The NPC's you have met are part of the Epic office quest (http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:...thing_Wonderful)

Gold is one of the difficulty levels: bronze, silver, gold, platinum, niobium. Hardcore mode is what you have described there.

Edited by dreeft

By performing the Epic quest you will hit all the major areas of the game and collect tons of experience.

Since your new, here's a few pointers:

- Start the game on Silver, avoid bronze, experience is weak and you'll find little challenge.

- Complete the char specific quest line- it'll give a 4 star item when it ends

- Use the guides on the site for a helper if you find yourself struggling, the game's difficulty ramps up as you get closer to the end of the main storyline

- For a Dryad, try using the blowgun strategy guide. Blowguns are sweet to use being fast attack rate and instant hitting.

- Shields are great for certain build types but they really mean something with Shield lore. Use the Stallworth Safeguard, best shield in the game, IMO.

Zconnor

I have been reading up =) a lot of good threads o this site, but I haven't come across much about shields. I know that dual wield is not necessary to' use ' a shield, my question is, is DW necessary in order to have a weapon equipped at the same time, or is assigning the shield to a controller button the same as using a shield? I can't really see running around with a shield only, the toon looks like it's fist fighting lol.

And there is no point taking shield lore if I'm building a long range dryad correct?

And can anyone point me to a build guide? I've found some info here and there but most of it is about the skills themselves. Any guide that suggests something like.......example...... Ranged Dryad Build, take these 10 skills, master these 2 in particular. Start taking skills in this order. Focus on pumping up these stats.....

I havent found yet a good guide on stats either. for dryad dex is obvious, but toward higher levels ?

Thanks.

I have been reading up =) a lot of good threads o this site, but I haven't come across much about shields. I know that dual wield is not necessary to' use ' a shield, my question is, is DW necessary in order to have a weapon equipped at the same time, or is assigning the shield to a controller button the same as using a shield? I can't really see running around with a shield only, the toon looks like it's fist fighting lol.

And there is no point taking shield lore if I'm building a long range dryad correct?

And can anyone point me to a build guide? I've found some info here and there but most of it is about the skills themselves. Any guide that suggests something like.......example...... Ranged Dryad Build, take these 10 skills, master these 2 in particular. Start taking skills in this order. Focus on pumping up these stats.....

I havent found yet a good guide on stats either. for dryad dex is obvious, but toward higher levels ?

Thanks.

With controller button I assume you are on console. I think I remember someone saying it is slightly counter intuitive how they organised weapons/shields on there, but I think you just have to assign a weapon to the same button as the shield...although since I dont play on console I'm not sure :s In any case, however you do it you do not need DW to equip both sword and shield.

Yes, if you arent using a shield, shield lore is pointless.

If you are after simply a ranged dryad then Putrescines Hybrid Hunter is pretty darn good, Ive got a very similar one running around with some tweaks and she's unstoppable so there is some room for you to experiment within the build.

Theres a page on the wiki, Attributes which explains them all, and in the end pick which ever one/s that you feel necessary, want a faster regen/more health...stamina and vitality is the way to go. Or however you want to do it.

Hope thats all of some use :dntknw:

Edited by Dragon Brother
With controller button I assume you are on console. I think I remember someone saying it is slightly counter intuitive how they organised weapons/shields on there, but I think you just have to assign a weapon to the same button as the shield...although since I dont play on console I'm not sure :s In any case, however you do it you do not need DW to equip both sword and shield.
Spot on. Simply assign both items (sword and shield) to the same button.