Elemental Damage on Weapons

I have a few questions regarding elemental damage on weapons and conversion damage if anyone can help.

1. If a weapon does mostly physical and a little bit of magic damage and I socket a Ice damage conversion rune into the weapon will it still have the chance to proc the magic damage? Weaken spell I think it is.

2. I am dual wielding a Seraphim, I plan on using an officers saber and Timworas curse weapons. I want to put fire in one conversion slot and ice in the other. When I hit a foe do I have a small chance then to proc Magic, Ice and Fire?

3. Decent choice of weapons for awhile? Any suggestions on what types of mods are usually best to socket? I will have 5 rune spaces on my weapons. Without the elemental damage conversion. Thanks.

Really sorry for the double post but forgot to put in number 4 sorry.

4. Will the slow effect from Flaring Nova, Cleansing Brilliance and Ice proc all stack? That would be nice.

hey mate not sure I completely understand your question but I will try and answer as best I can

1) you never lose anything on a weapon by socketing something new into it

2) when you socket conversion damage to a weapon it adds that element to your physical attack, ie: conversion damage to fire +30% on a weapon that has 100 damage on it means that 30 damage of that weapon will now be fire damage not physical, my understanding of the reason you can do this is if you fight a mob that is weak to fire then rather than doing 100 physical damage you will do 70 physical and say maybe 40 fire damage thus making the weapon do 110 dam to that foe

3) when it comes to best weapons and socketing it really depends on what kind of character your trying to make ie a warrior a mage or a ranged fighter etc, etc. what kind of character are you trying to make?

4) im not exactly sure how this works but I dont think that conversion damage effects combat arts, however if your combat art is a physical attack using the weapon that is converted the weapon damage would be calculated in the damage, ie: lets go with the sample weapon from before it would do you combat art damage and 70 physical 30 fire damage from the weapon, as I said before though im not 100% sure

hope this helps :dntknw:

if you want to run with elemental damage on your weapons I'd probably make a bargaining character (or put bargaining on your seraphim) and try to shop some light sabers (around 40-50% elemental damage and they look cool). weapons I usually use are orc shock, khandar's slicer, and officer's saber.

Thanks, for the info. I wish I could ask my questions more clearly.

I am wondering why if I have a poison damage weapon (converted damage) and then I add a rune with 17% poison damage my damage for poison does not improve. But, when I add plus physical damage rune my poison damage actually does improve. I think it is because I converted physical damage to poison damage, the damage is only affected by plus physical% damage mods? Is my understanding correct?

I am dual wield Seraphim by the way. I was going to use Officers Saber with conversion to ice damage and Timburks Curse or something but I want to have life leech on one of my weapons. So, best life leech weapon plus Officers Saber and convert fire damage into the life leech weapon.

Is there a way to find light sabers with Enhanced Perception or do I need Bargain? Lastly, like I said I dual wield weapons. If I convert one weapon to ice damage and one weapon to fire damage will I have a chance to slow and cause fire damage over time to an enemy? Or does it only take my right hand weapon into account? Or actually if I have an Officers Saber is that counted as a light saber?

I know these are probably complicated questions and my lack of understanding probably does not help but if anyone thinks they understand what I am trying to figure out greatly appreciate the help.

Hello, and Welcome, Rasputin17! I've answered below in BLUE

Thanks, for the info. I wish I could ask my questions more clearly.

I am wondering why if I have a poison damage weapon (converted damage) and then I add a rune with 17% poison damage my damage for poison does not improve. But, when I add plus physical damage rune my poison damage actually does improve. I think it is because I converted physical damage to poison damage, the damage is only affected by plus physical% damage mods? Is my understanding correct?

Yes, when the converters are used, adding physical damage will increase both the phys. and elemental damages, but adding the elemental damage +% will not, because the +% is not added until after the conversion.

I am dual wield Seraphim by the way. I was going to use Officers Saber with conversion to ice damage and Timburks Curse or something but I want to have life leech on one of my weapons. So, best life leech weapon plus Officers Saber and convert fire damage into the life leech weapon.

Sorry I do know what question you are asking here. 8(

Is there a way to find light sabers with Enhanced Perception or do I need Bargain? Lastly, like I said I dual wield weapons. If I convert one weapon to ice damage and one weapon to fire damage will I have a chance to slow and cause fire damage over time to an enemy? Or does it only take my right hand weapon into account? Or actually if I have an Officers Saber is that counted as a light saber?

From what I KNOW, the lightsabers do not drop unless you have the CM-patch installed. We don't get the add-ons with the console versions, so I do not know if they do actually drop on console. I've never "seen" one drop, but they are generally crappy, so I could've sold 100's of them and not known. With the dual-wield and damage conversion, there are specific combat arts that only hit with the right-hand weapon and some that hit with both. I don't know which is which for the Seraphim. The Officer's Saber is not a lightsaber, no.

I know these are probably complicated questions and my lack of understanding probably does not help but if anyone thinks they understand what I am trying to figure out greatly appreciate the help.

Did my best, bud! It is hard to ask the correct questions when we're still just figuring this beast out! 8)

Actually that cleared up alot of what I needed to know. Especially with elemental damage conversion and hitting with both weapons via combat arts. I appreciate the effort to answer my newbie questions. Thank you.

QUOTE (Rasputin17 @ Oct 24 2010, 12:04 PM) post_snapback.gif

For life leach the best sword at your level is Ysandrifa's Law. it will drop at several different levels with increasing stats.

Edited by rnarchlord
QUOTE (Rasputin17 @ Oct 24 2010, 12:04 PM) post_snapback.gif

For life leach the best sword at your level is Ysandrifa's Law. it will drop at several different levels with increasing stats.

Ahhhh, now I see the question! Good call, rnarchlord!