Comments and Concerns regarding Bargaining for shopping options

My dual wield Seraphim has been going well although I have basically spent the last few days shopping. Bargain changes the shopping options in a drastic way. Here are a few things that have come up while playing this amazing game.

1. I know EP and Chance to Find Valuable on gear stack but how do they compare? Say I have a belt with 9% chance to find valuable and another one with plus 3 to general skills? It seems the chance to find valuable on gear is much better correct?

2. Life leech is amazing on a melee character. It adds damage, helps you stay alive and best of all seems to chain damage to foes that are not even near me. I can kill them before they get to me just by the life leech effect it seems. Can you get plus life leech and plus all skills on the same amulet or ring? Can pretty much anything spawn with plus to all skills?

3. I am about to get my Tiger Mount. Since I am melee I figure that the EW tiger will probably be best. To actually use this guy in combat do I need to take Riding? Or can it be effective without taking riding?

4. This is stupid but for some reason when I go to the main overview screen and then click to see all the special effects I am getting from my gear I can't scroll down. I can with all my other characters though. Just wondering if there was any reason for this.

Thanks for hearing me out. Again my psn is Rasputin177 for anyone who wants to play online.

Heya,

1. Blue CtF modifiers or +xp modifiers are EP based. That also means they are increased by every point in EP. They scale nicely. The higher the difficulty the better the values, but they always scale with EP.

Yellow CtF or +xp modifiers are fixed value. They do not increase.

2. Wait till you find LL%, the brown modifier. :P It takes a % of hp. Great for bosses, as they have loads of hitpoints.

+All skills can spawn with alot of values, if not all.

3. Forget about riding, the mount is perfectly fine without.

4. On PC, we have to click the sigma again, and it will show page 2. If you have less boni, it might be all on 1 page... best I can think of.

Greetz

Heya,

1. Blue CtF modifiers or +xp modifiers are EP based. That also means they are increased by every point in EP. They scale nicely. The higher the difficulty the better the values, but they always scale with EP.

Yellow CtF or +xp modifiers are fixed value. They do not increase.

2. Wait till you find LL%, the brown modifier. :P It takes a % of hp. Great for bosses, as they have loads of hitpoints.

+All skills can spawn with alot of values, if not all.

3. Forget about riding, the mount is perfectly fine without.

4. On PC, we have to click the sigma again, and it will show page 2. If you have less boni, it might be all on 1 page... best I can think of.

Greetz

FWIW... I've come to find that the Gold (not brown) Life Leech, while it may be great going up against bosses, it positively bites up against regular mobs. When you've got a boss worth 10,000 hit points, 1.2% LL is a good thing. But if you're up against a level 20 Kobold with 400 hit points, not so much. In early going, the fixed values give you more additional damage/healing.

It should be pointed out that % LL also is a factor of the boss monster's FULL hitpoints. If he starts out with 10,000 hit points, you take whatever percentage of that 10,000 hitpoints EACH and every time. If you've got a weapon with a 1.2% LL built in, that will rip an additional 120 hit points from the boss's hide every time you hit him.

Bargaining is generally a good thing - provided you keep pumping points into it. You'll find better gear and you may even see an increase in better drops for both mob farming and completing quests. I've seen more higher end stuff drop with bargaining kept as high as humanly possible than without it.

FWIW... I've come to find that the Gold (not brown) Life Leech, while it may be great going up against bosses, it positively bites up against regular mobs. When you've got a boss worth 10,000 hit points, 1.2% LL is a good thing. But if you're up against a level 20 Kobold with 400 hit points, not so much. In early going, the fixed values give you more additional damage/healing.

True, tho you will throw out the standard LL later. You will not need it. Kobolds for example are always a one hit kill, so no need for either LL or LL%. In standard mob situations, high damage is more important than LL%, agreed. High damage weapons outdo a Kal'Dur's in such a situation. :) But I was talking about bosses, not mobs.

But... in early levels, a LL weapon in nice, sure, I won't deny that :twitch: But we are talking about situations then, where you cannot output the 400 damage from the example... That is not a whole lot of levels.

Greetz