How good is Warding Energy Lore

I'm trying to figure out whether Warding Energy Lore is worth it. I am definitely using the seraphim Buff as well as Divine Shield, but is it worth spending the skill points on Warding Energy Lore? I could save the skill point for another defensive skill, such as Toughness or Constitution. So yea, is it worth it or is it better spend on another defensive skill?

Warding energy buff for seraphim is basically equal to 50% damage mitigation or Double the Hit Points until the shield runs out. toughness or Constitution in combination with Warding lore and some gear (celestial chest and shoulders for example) can make a seraphim Immortal!

Without the Warding lore the shield is probably only good for its mod bonuses(which can be excellent) otherwise it may be more drain on the regen than its worth.

I run warding lore on my level 157 seraphim and sho has 100K shield and 30K hit points. that alone is excellent. but I also have Contitution mastery, armor lore mastery, and toughness mastery. so I can just about stand toe to toe with any monster in the game and not worry. at to that the 2.5% LL and any damage she does take I can recoup in a few hits.

So is Warding Lore neccesary....no. But the warding buff without it isn't much use.

Hmm, I see. Is it worth leveling past mastery or is mastery good enough? Should I even get it to mastery?

Another question. With the buff trick, where you have buff specific equipment only to cast the buffs, is Warding Energy Lore still a useful skill to get? I mean, with the gear, I can increase my buff to such a high level with almost no regen penalty. So is it still worth getting the Warding Energy Lore skill or no?

Hmm, I see. Is it worth leveling past mastery or is mastery good enough? Should I even get it to mastery?

Another question. With the buff trick, where you have buff specific equipment only to cast the buffs, is Warding Energy Lore still a useful skill to get? I mean, with the gear, I can increase my buff to such a high level with almost no regen penalty. So is it still worth getting the Warding Energy Lore skill or no?

Unfortunately, the buff suit for Warding energy will only boost your mods on the buff, it will not keep the increased energy level once you remove the buff suit

Oh wow. So that's one I will actually have to increase through runes. That also seems to suggest that raising warding energy lore to fairly high levels is beneficial.

Regarding Buff suits, how do they affect battle stance and the other buff in celestial magic (forgot the name). Is it worth raising their levels with runes as well or can I keep them at level 1 and get all the benefits from the buff suit?

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to bump this rather than make a new topic.

Major issue I am having right now is deciding how to spend attribute points for my build. I have a DW seraphim with a focus on survivability. So energy shields and armor are key. But at the same time, I still want to be able to kill stuff, even at higher levels. So to achieve this, what attributes are the best? Strength raises my damage if I'm using swords or hafted weapons, but Dex raises my damage if I use short swords or daggers? Dex also raises defense, so should I be pumping points into Dex and use short swords/daggers?

Also, willpower raises shields, correct? It also raises resistences to spells. So I feel like thats another important one to pump points into.

Finally, is spell resistance a good skill to get? I have read a few DW seraphim say that they will get it, but never explained why. Is there something I am missing besides that it increases your resistance to spells? Does it have any other benefits (like willpower increases your energy shields)?

Heya,

since Ice and Blood, attributes were severly lessened in power. Since you play on console, you will still have some benefit.

It is all about choices.... strongest E-shield? Go Willpower. High damage? Go Strength (I dont like daggers...)

Keep in mind that SB will raise your stats too.

For a DW seraphim with E-shield, this is pretty much my way:

1-25 Vitality

25-200 Willpower

For caster builds, Willpower becomes Intelligence. For a TG with Source Warden and shield, it becomes (25-200) 50% INT/50% WILL

Now, Spell Resistance is of most use in the Expansion (Ice and Blood), and was not used alot before. Combat Reflexes was the favored choice then. Besides, you will be putting alot of points in Willpower, so I'd say skip it. It does have some protection against crits...

Greetz

Heya,

since Ice and Blood, attributes were severly lessened in power. Since you play on console, you will still have some benefit.

It is all about choices.... strongest E-shield? Go Willpower. High damage? Go Strength (I dont like daggers...)

Keep in mind that SB will raise your stats too.

For a DW seraphim with E-shield, this is pretty much my way:

1-25 Vitality

25-200 Willpower

For caster builds, Willpower becomes Intelligence. For a TG with Source Warden and shield, it becomes (25-200) 50% INT/50% WILL

Now, Spell Resistance is of most use in the Expansion (Ice and Blood), and was not used alot before. Combat Reflexes was the favored choice then. Besides, you will be putting alot of points in Willpower, so I'd say skip it. It does have some protection against crits...

Greetz

Thanks for this information! It sucks that Ice and Blood never came out for the consoles. It makes figuring out what applies in consoles and what doesn't very annoying.

So from what I'm gathering is that willpower and strength are the two I should be raising, with a focus on willpower? No Dex? As the armor bonuses you get from it not worth the points you spend?

Also, can you explain how willpower helps with energy shields? Like, what does one point in willpower do, besides spell resistance?

It depends on your weapon choice. short swords and ranged weapons get a damage boost from Dex, long swords, axes etc from strenght. The BattleStance buff will give a huge boost to attack and defense, so that is not an issue with a seraphim.

As for willpower, it adds a base amount to your energy shield, exact amount I am not sure, but that base is then multiplied by gear and Warding lore etc.

It depends on your weapon choice. short swords and ranged weapons get a damage boost from Dex, long swords, axes etc from strenght. The BattleStance buff will give a huge boost to attack and defense, so that is not an issue with a seraphim.

As for willpower, it adds a base amount to your energy shield, exact amount I am not sure, but that base is then multiplied by gear and Warding lore etc.

Excellent, thank you all very much! I love this site and all the people on it are ridiculously helpful. Thanks again everyone!