FORUM SECURITY UPGRADE

Hey gang

There have been a few upgardes released for our forums IPB software and much of the upgrades have to do with security. I've finally figured out enough of the process to feel comfortable and go ahead with the upgrade.

So this is an official heads up to you all that the forum may go down for a short period of time in the near future and when it returns it may look a little bland. I'm told that certain types of upgrades may delete skins and modifications that I have made. In which case I have made backups of the skins, images and mods, (as well as a backup of our database just in case /unsure ), and should only take me about 30 mins to get them back in gear.

See you on the other side!

Guest gogoblender

Thahks fer the heads up schot

We'll be keepin our heads up for it

A lot of forums have been getting sacked lately and it'd be a real shame if ours went down the tubes cuz of hackers

/viking

gogo

Well I must say I'm very pleased with IPS tech support. They fixed us up nice and fast. In fact they did it no more than an hour after I asked them and without any complications.

Whew!

We be secure. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another security update. Invision really seems to be watching out for their product. This one was a relatively simple update so I went ahead and did it myself. :o

The security upgrade resolves an issue in the threaded view mode that allowed malicious users to access posts outside the topic.

And the lockdown continues. For the next upgrade I'll be installing a moat around D.a.r.k. Matters. /viking