Helpful tips for Sacred 2 Modding

Enferian

hello,

I m a new player of sacred 2 and this is my first post. I ve been reading all these posts about switching combat arts among characters and I tried to make my version of a seraphim that uses 3 of her own CAs, 1 shadow warrior CA and the other 9 CAs from dragom mage and high elf. ut was very ahrd to do it as I encountered many problems and there is still one I m trying to figure out

anyway... during this process I discovered some very heaplfull things and I understood that all that u said is correct, BUT in certain cases.

so this is what I have to add:

1. if u take a CA from the 1st aspect of a character as shown in his CA page (ex. draconic magic) u can easily add it to the 1st aspect of another class (ex. exalted warrior) without having to change the sorting_rank value or the aspect value in the spells.txt. the CA will be automaticaly placed on the free spot of this aspect (provided that u deleted a CA from the creature.txt file and replaced it)

2. if u want to take a CA from the 1st aspect of a class (ex. draconin magic) and add it to the 2nd or 3rd aspect of another class (ex. revered technology) u have to change the aspect and sorting_rank values in the spells.txt file to place the CA on a free spot in this aspect.

3. if u change the values of focus_skill_name and lore_skill_name u can gain upgrades for ALL your CAs from the lore and focus skill of ONE particular aspect depending of course on the value of those two parameters mentioned above.

4. if I take out the first CA of an aspect (ex. soul hammer) and add a CA of another class (ex. dragon form) then the name of the aspect changes (in this case dragon magic), but I havent encountered a problem with that so far. it might be easy to change it back to it s original name be chnaging the aspect value in the spells.txt file of the skills included in this modified aspect

5. if u dont change the aspect value in the spells.txt u can read the runes for this skill. but if u change the aspect value in the spell.txt u cant. for this reason u have to go to blueprints.txt and search for the skill. u can find the name of the skill and change the weargroup and then search for the next time it appears and change the spez value as shown below:

newBlueprint = {

id = 3133,

name = "rune_dm_dm_vertrauter",

palettebits = "1111111111111111",

dmgvariation = 0,

minconstraints = {1,9,0},

lvljump = 0,

usability = 0,

allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},

uniquename = "unique",

specialuseonly = 0,

bonusgroup0 = {1025,1000,1,5,0},

bonusgroup1 = {1001,1000,1,5,0},

itemtypes = {12418,},

wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_SERAPHIM',}, <--------------------------

newBonus = {

-- name = "sb_addca_dm_dm_vertrauter",

rating = 28,

basedonskill = "SKILL_INVALID",

type = "BONUS_ADDCA",

spez = "EA_SE_CELESTIALMAGIC", <---------------------

spez2 = "dm_dm_vertrauter",

usagebits = 65472,

minconstraints = {0,5,0},

difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,10,110},

difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,10,135},

difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,10,160},

difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,10,185},

difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,10,210},

the above CA is the dragon mage's CA that has been added to celstial magic aspect of the seraphim

sorry for wrighting too much but I think that would be helpfull for anyone who wants to mod his skills

Hi Enferian. Your post was too good and informative to be just tacked on to another topic. I've split it and sent it on it's own topic in our modding section so that other modders can find it easily. This is also an opportunity for me to say hello, and ...

Welcome to Darkmatters!

:)

gogo