Community Patch De-Installed Game?

I just installed the community patch

(and before that the 2.65.1.0 UK version)

and suddenly, when I try to start the game, I have to install the game again.

but the installer says I'ts not compatible with the installed version.

what's wrong and how can I fix it?

I just installed the community patch

(and before that the 2.65.1.0 UK version)

and suddenly, when I try to start the game, I have to install the game again.

but the installer says I'ts not compatible with the installed version.

what's wrong and how can I fix it?

How do you start the game? Do you put in the cd and try to start the game with the Autorun-Menu popping up? - This does not work right. You should start the game with the shortcut from your desktop or the entry in your startmenu of Windows.

You can always remove the CM-Patch with the cm-disable.exe provided in the same .zip file you found the cm-enable.exe. Try this and see what happens.

The cm-patch does not remove anything from your hardrive or registry.

Edited by czevak

I used the desktop shortcut the first time, so that's not it, but I'll try the removing thing

I've tried it, and after lots of frustration due do an agonizingly slow computer it still didn't work.

it says I need to have version 2.40 installed to install the game again.

so how can I bring it back to version 2.40?

Edited by Rathmiron

I used the desktop shortcut the first time, so that's not it, but I'll try the removing thing

I've tried it, and after lots of frustration due do an agonizingly slow computer it still didn't work.

Ice and Blood requires at least 2.40 before you can install it. The only way to roll it back to that level would be to uninstall everything and reinstall the game, then patch to 2.40 (or 2.43 if you had that version) and then go for Ice and Blood. That of course, should be followed by the 2.65.1 and 2.65.2 patches. Then you can install the CM Patch.

Okay, I don't know what happened there. It could be a Problem with faulty RAM or sth. that scrambles data when writing from it to harddisk but that is guesswork. I would recommend going with wolfies approach and re-install the game. To see what happens then.

so if I understand correctly, to bring it back to the 2.40 version, I have to install that one?

(because the installer says it can only install the game again with version 2.40)

Don't let the Addon confuse you. In order to install Ice & Blood Addon you indeed need at least Sacred 2 Fallen Angel v. 2.40.

in order to get it functional again:

Un-Install Sacred 2 completely.

Install Sacred 2 Fallen Angel.

Patch the Game to 2.40 or 2.43 (You can use the Full-Patch from the Addon DVD)

Install the Ice & Blood Addon.

Activate both Games with your Keys.

Play.

Hint: The 2.40 fullpatch is on the addon-dvd, inside the folder "patches". So you don't need to download it ;)

CU Marcus

That may be the case if he bought a hard copy of Ice and Blood. However, if he purchased it through DLGamer - from the link at the top of the page, there is no DVD, and the patch is NOT included in the download. It's already 12+ GB to download the basic Fallen Angel and the Ice and Blood files.

so if I understand correctly, to bring it back to the 2.40 version, I have to install that one?

(because the installer says it can only install the game again with version 2.40)

You can also just follow the instructions found on the Sacred Wiki that covers the Installation procedure for UK Ice and Blood.

It covers pretty much anything you can possibly run into...

• 2 weeks later...

:( my computer's being stupid again.

I completely de-installed the game, and then installed it again.

but that, the 2.40 patch says it can't locate the game on the computer, and that I should re-install it, but that doesn't seem to work.

anyone know whaty's wrong now?

:( my computer's being stupid again.

I completely de-installed the game, and then installed it again.

but that, the 2.40 patch says it can't locate the game on the computer, and that I should re-install it, but that doesn't seem to work.

anyone know whaty's wrong now?

Keep in Mind, that there are two 2.40 Patches. One is for patching v2.34->v2.40 and the other is for v2.0.2->v2.40. The latter one being about 1GB in size and the first about 200MB.

Select the correct one for your currently installed version.

is version 2.02 the "bare" game?

Yes it is.

and is it clear at the 2.40 patches which one it is?

Yes, as is said: Look at the patch file exe's file size: If it is just 200MB it is the small one for 2.34.