Is It Possible To Change The Divine Gift?

Enferian

Is there any way to change the divine gift of an existing character? I found a character editor but I cannot change the deity... :(

I actually want to know this because I have a problem: after moding some of the .txt files the divine gift of my main character has somehow disappeared...

if someone knows how to fix it I would really appreciate it :)

Edited by Enferian

Is there any way to change the divine gift of an existing character? I found a character editor but I cannot change the deity... :(

I actually want to know this because I have a problem: after moding some of the .txt files the divine gift of my main character has somehow disappeared...

Ack... You wouldn't happen to have the original file(s) backed up somewhere by any chance? You could try restoring them to see if that fixes the problem.

There really isn't any way to change divine affilliation once you've started a character. Actually, there probably IS - but it would require hex editing the save game file and an intimate knowledge of what's contained in the file.

Of course I have the original files backed up... it's rule number 1 of modding :)

but this didnt fix the problem.

I ll try to see if I can do anything with hex editing although I dont hope for much

thanks a lot! :)

Do the other spells and CAs work fine? Then I would have a close look at your toons godspell in spells.txt (search for "gott_"). Maybe there is a slight error there. If you can't find anything, tell me your deity and I will look up the original spell entry and post it here for you to compare. :)

Edited by czevak
  • 4 weeks later...

Do the other spells and CAs work fine? Then I would have a close look at your toons godspell in spells.txt (search for "gott_"). Maybe there is a slight error there. If you can't find anything, tell me your deity and I will look up the original spell entry and post it here for you to compare. :)

all the other CAs work fine. I have already tried that... I even replaced the modded file with the original one, but it didnt fix it.

in the end I was lucky... during christmas I went to my hometown (currently studying away) and I found some older save files in my old PC and luckily they took me less than 5 hours of play time behind :)

thank you for your help :)