Any Reason Not To Socket An Element For Melee/ranged?

Hey guys

I'd like to know how far peeps have gone with using the Physical Dot secondary damage effect. If we compare it to the other elements, how does it pan out over the course of the game. How are you ampling it's chance to inflict per strike... are you socketing the item mod? And what about it's damage at higher levels. There is a huge shift to monsters having mono-element defs and attacks... how does this impact this physical build, or does it?

:)

gogo

I think furian67 had a great point about late game, wastelands and such, that most of the monsters have multichannel Armor. So he runs the wastelands (and maybe some other areas) with no element socketed to get the most single element (physical) damage he can.

I haven't gotten around to using the DOT-fx from physical damage, but that is mostly because I can stack deep wounds on console version, which is more powerful, IMO.

But I would have to agree with Loco's (Furians?) statement about the multi-channel guys. You want 100% one damage type vs. that type of defense... but is physical the correct choice? Bearing in mind the higher difficulties the enemies do get mitigations ;)

@BleachFan - I remember it being stated that DL does not affect the physical wounds, but I have not tested that.