Sacred 2 Version Still Shows As 2.65.1 - Win7

After using XP for the last year and now finally getting Sacred 2 to work with Win 7(thnx Loco), there is one more little problem I need to get sorted.

My Sacred 2 version still shows as 2.65.1 which means I still get the annoying chat bug :(

Downloading the 2.65.2 patch gives a wrong version error upon installation. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Hadn't even noticed that this win7 install is on the old patch :blush:

Have you edited any of the different game files and forgotten to return them to their original settings?

Nope, nothing.

Only ever play on closed so have never edited anything. I hope a fresh install is not the only answer to this.

Just to clarify, does the version actually show up as 2.65.2 when you run Sacred 2 in win7?

Have you edited any of the different game files and forgotten to return them to their original settings?

Nope, nothing.

Only ever play on closed so have never edited anything. I hope a fresh install is not the only answer to this.

Just to clarify, does the version actually show up as 2.65.2 when you run Sacred 2 in win7?

Yes it does.

Have you modded the sacred2.exe for Largeaddressawareness (Memory 4GB Patch), by any chance?

You can also check up if all your Sacred 2 registry keys are present and correct.

Nope, nothing.

Yes it does.

Have you modded the sacred2.exe for Largeaddressawareness (Memory 4GB Patch), by any chance?

You can also check up if all your Sacred 2 registry keys are present and correct.

Yes I have czevak, bet thats it. Thanks for the help :) totally forgot about that

I've revoked the licence now and am doing a fresh install up to 2.65.2.

Fingers crossed it all goes smooth