Log Book Pages For Sacredwiki Quest Writeups

Hey guys!

We're going over some of the great work that is going into the Wiki, and we noticed that some of the new quests don't have the pix of log book quests in it. Log book pix are kind of important as it fully documents and references the quest and is a source of credibility to the information being set down.

Please don't forget to include these pix if you're putting together a quest writeup so that the readers can read the info directly from the pix themselves.

Cheers!

:0

gogo

awesome, and thanks! Especially for other contributors who want to get to the base info and maybe even help out with adding in links to quest givers or other important npc's etc...it really helps when we can see the log book to know absolutely for sure who is the lucky character who gets the link.

:D

gogo

I add logbooks to all the quests I edit, and I still hope to go through all the quests from the beginning. But I edit only several pages a day, so my work isn't very noticeable yet. My usual pictures addition to the quest pages are maps (since I think that opened maps are more useful in navigation than the ones half-covered with the fog of war) and quest logs. Also quest dialogs if they were missing before. But for some reason going through the quests takes me some time, so I'm not moving very fast.

• 3 months later...

Personally, I'd like to have the text from the logbook right in the wiki, so I won't need to click another link. However, as there's now page wrapped around the pictures, I'm fine with it. But there's a distinction, do we use the completed quest or the quest in progress or just whatever is available?

Also, are we talking about Sacred or Sacred 2 or - since I never got around to playing #2 - is there no difference?

Personally, I'd like to have the text from the logbook right in the wiki, so I won't need to click another link. However, as there's now page wrapped around the pictures, I'm fine with it. But there's a distinction, do we use the completed quest or the quest in progress or just whatever is available?

Also, are we talking about Sacred or Sacred 2 or - since I never got around to playing #2 - is there no difference?

That would be a lot of typing. Gogo and I typed in the logs for the campaign quests on synopsis pages.

Gogo and Schot would have to approve to make that a part of the template. I personally do not have a problem with seeing those there, but it goes right back to who has time to type those in.

Of course it would be a lot of typing. I just had the impression that images were preferred.

As for the template... I sure do understand the benefit, but things like http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Bats:_Guard%28Vampire_form_only%29 don't help the "end user" very much. Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying there might be such a thing as overdoing. And the quest text would be just a paragraph, I'd guess.

Hi M300, and welcome!

For now, we are asking for pix first and then, if person wants they can type in the entire quest. We ask for pic for us to be able to verify the information first hand to again confirm quest giver, names involved and quest content. One day, perhaps all quests will be typed in, but having both now gives us everything, and we can always go back and remove pix very easily.

:)

gogo

Of course it would be a lot of typing. I just had the impression that images were preferred.

As for the template... I sure do understand the benefit, but things like http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Bats:_Guard%28Vampire_form_only%29 don't help the "end user" very much. Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying there might be such a thing as overdoing. And the quest text would be just a paragraph, I'd guess.

It depends on the quest. But as Gogo said, if you want to type in the log along with the pic, that is fine. Many of them are only one or two sentences long. The nice thing about having both is that the people who do not want to click on the picture do not have to, and the ones who do, have that option. It just adds more depth.

Edited by Ysne58

Cath, does Oblivion wiki have their log books typed out? I'm just wondering if somewhere down the line I can, that is a viable project to add for Sacred 2 Wiki

:)

gogo