No brackets in new page titles please

hi everyone, I have been skimming through wiki today, and have seen that some pages are appearing with brackets in the title. The naming scheme as set up is no brackets, just a hypen tween subject title and modifier.

Search and google references page titles better this way.

:)

gogo

Hi I just found the first post here for Wiki where I briefly mentioned this for naming scheme:

http://darkmatters.o...dpost&p=6914510

As indicated in my link, an example of a properly named page would be

Sacred 2:Pastures New - Shadow Campaign

instead of an improperly named page being:

Sacred 2:Pastures New (Shadow Campaign)

gogo

gogo

While browsing the bestiary earlier today I noticed that many enemy pages are named with brackets. For example: [[sacred 2:Inquisition Guard (The Moneylender)|Inquisition Guard (The Moneylender)]]. A lot of them just list the quest name in brackets. Almost all bestiary is named this way. I even began to think that it's the way the bestiary pages should be named. I'm happy I didn't create a page with such a name yet. I'd use '-' instead when I would really create this page (I typed the red link with brackets, yet I'd correct it before actually creating the page).

I'm going to have to look at that, I saw it too. This could have happened because the naming scheme wasn't totally in place then. But for new pages, we should use hypens...maybe one day I'll have some spare time to move the old pages

:4rofl:

gogo

Raise hand if guilty of using old page name layout.....*Knuckles nods silently and lifts hand way up high*

I just did 2 trap pages that way this morning *sigh* Per gogo I'm going to re-name them and send the old page links to him and Schot to be sanitarily disposed of. One of those things that was done way back almost a year ago before we really had a standard way of doing this part. And never thought to ask about it or how it may impact anything else. Been working on the wiki awhile and still learn something new every day lol

Now that I know, my future pages will be "parenthetically free" :D

I haven't had much chance to create pages yet -- this is good to know for the future --

That new boss section in the quest beasiary looks really good Knuckles.

The page I'm working on has the parenthesis on it. I can create a new page with the correct title and move whatever links to the page I'm working on to it. I think Gogo or Schot will have to make sure that the history is correct. I have a feeling that all the shadow pages are set up like this, they were named a very long time ago.

Later - I will wait until I'm done editing the incorrectly titled page and move the entire thing then.

It is red linked again which I think is better than a half done job.

Edited by Ysne58

hey no worries! One day we'll go back to the pages and get the name changes in place. For now though, just all of us having consensus on this and having new pages named the right way will have the google search work best possible.

There's so many pages to create for the wiki, one day when all the baseline stuff is created there will easily be a few years for reverse review

gogo

Ty for the kind words Ysne but perhaps you are referring to the Boss section and not Quest Boss one?. The Quest Boss part is still empty and though I have done some work on the Boss section, 90% of the work done was by Schot. So I'll take 10% of the compliment lol. Either way thank you for appreciating the work one of us (or both) has done :D

The page I'm working on has the parenthesis on it. I can create a new page with the correct title and move whatever links to the page I'm working on to it. I think Gogo or Schot will have to make sure that the history is correct. I have a feeling that all the shadow pages are set up like this, they were named a very long time ago.

Later - I will wait until I'm done editing the incorrectly titled page and move the entire thing then.

It is red linked again which I think is better than a half done job.

Ah, ysne, I just saw this post..I was answering knuckles' up above... let me look at the pages you mentioned, I'll be back

:0

gogo

Ty for the kind words Ysne but perhaps you are referring to the Boss section and not Quest Boss one?. The Quest Boss part is still empty and though I have done some work on the Boss section, 90% of the work done was by Schot. So I'll take 10% of the compliment lol. Either way thank you for appreciating the work one of us (or both) has done :D

I could have sworn I was looking at the quest - boss and not the boss section -- either way the quest enemies are well done.

I might just move all the quest bosses from the boss page over to the quest boss page. It's double listing them but due to their significance within the game it's probably the best way. I've clicked on the wrong one many times also

There's so many pages to create for the wiki, one day when all the baseline stuff is created there will easily be a few years for reverse review

gogo

So the rewiew would never be done, because the wiki staff would be either writing stuff about Sacred 3, or if this game would be uninspiring, would choose another goal. After all the Sacred 1 wiki section is still almost empty, since Sacred 2 demends a lot of attention.

I might just move all the quest bosses from the boss page over to the quest boss page. It's double listing them but due to their significance within the game it's probably the best way. I've clicked on the wrong one many times also

Well, most of the Bosses DO have personal quests or are involved in the main-quest. The only exception are dragons, who could be found while exploring the map. Yet finding them is a 'quest' too sometimes.

So the rewiew would never be done, because the wiki staff would be either writing stuff about Sacred 3, or if this game would be uninspiring, would choose another goal. After all the Sacred 1 wiki section is still almost empty, since Sacred 2 demends a lot of attention.

I know it's pretty sad. :( There's only a few of us , and hundreds of pages that the Wiki is missing for basic baseline info.

For a small standup game, it sure is a big wiki!

gogo

Bring it on!

muhaah, there are a ton of projects with your name on it for fabu pic takers. Don't get me listing...and I know you've even got a very nice pic project you brought up with me that's going to super classy, and super deep.

Documenting this game can go on infinitely.

:bounce:

gogo