The nightmare with Securom

Well I don't know if I should cry or laugh

just reinstaled my pc just as I did like always using the revoke tool for sacred 2 and then by reinstalling the games expansion it say's the key has been used to often and I am not able to activate it.

What the hell !

I mean I used the revoke tool this shouldn't happen !

Ok ok just send an mail to securom asking them to solve my problem ......

sending another mail asking for the same ......

and again .... and again etc......

It seems they not even care.

Such an complete FECAL MATTER! I've never seen ever befor paying my good money for which I'm working hard for a game which then not even can be played because one of the cleverst had the big idea of frak the customers some more by adding this absolutly unecesary piece of trash.

That's it im done with this one and will never ever buy again games which have the securom as copi proteccion.

Well I don't know if I should cry or laugh

just reinstaled my pc just as I did like always using the revoke tool for sacred 2 and then by reinstalling the games expansion it say's the key has been used to often and I am not able to activate it.

What the hell !

I mean I used the revoke tool this shouldn't happen !

Ok ok just send an mail to securom asking them to solve my problem ......

sending another mail asking for the same ......

and again .... and again etc......

It seems they not even care.

Such an complete FECAL MATTER! I've never seen ever befor paying my good money for which I'm working hard for a game which then not even can be played because one of the cleverst had the big idea of frak the customers some more by adding this absolutly unecesary piece of trash.

That's it im done with this one and will never ever buy again games which have the securom as copi proteccion.

That bites big wind... Though I do kinda wonder - how long ago was it you installed the game previously? When you uninstall the game, it's supposed to revoke the license automatically as well. No need to use the manual revoke tool.

The reason I ask - I'm not entirely sure about retail disc versions of the game, but I am fairly certain that the downloadable version from DLGamer (see the link above) allows 4 activations every 3 months before there are issues. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the retail version likely has the same policy.

That said, did you loan the game out to a friend or two, perhaps? If so, that could be the problem.

Either way, I would recommend being a bit more patient. I'm sure the Securom people get plenty of mail and will likely respond to you in due course. I'm sure you're not the only one who's been nipped in the backside by this sort of issue.

Hi,

Well got to say had some trouble with my pc so the more tan 4 reinstalls of the game and yes I do know that the game reactivates it self by desinstalling as long as you got an internet conecion.

I only got one of the usb drives for internet with limited time 2 hours a day so I always used the revoke tool from the securom page because belive me with only 2 hours a day you won't wait till the game finishe it's desinstalling for the reactivacion, my case, just using the tool saved me a lot of time maybe it's just me but the desinstall takes a lot of time.

And well I just had my key reactivated by securom a couple of days ago and I'm a bit less piffed off

edited by gogoblender - no discussion of pirating allowed, please be careful of tone

Hi nalgfar

I can understand how this kind of copy protection could be a hassle if getting the equipment together. We've gone through so many activations with so many copies here, and we never had a problem though. We've activated on and off a myriad of times, and always an easy experience.

I hope your game is great once you get it going!

:bounce:

gogo