Can You Make All Chars Able to Use All Equipment?

Vampir

I always wondered if there is a way to make all the Characters able to use any and all equipment in the game, with out it being restricted to only one character like for the high elf or whatever. If there is a way it probably should work differently for the female Chars and the Male Chars in being able to share equipment. I don't know I am new to modding and just wanted to get my idea out there. If anyone has any suggestions of how I could do something like this, it would be a great help.

The Dryad needs to be able to use other equipment badly everything she is able to use sucks.

I found that you can alter the hero file like dryadin.txt and put in there the EquipsetID Code from another character like the shadow warrior, but this only effects the weapon you start with. Like having the dryad start with a sword and shield instead of a bow. You would set it like this

mgr.objectCreate { -- Dryadin
timeofday = 0.350,
creature = 94,
equipset_id = 3,
       equipset_id = 1,
position = {20,22,0,1600,1350,65},
flags = "create_hero|create_template",

I left the original setting in there so it can be changed back easier, equipset_id = 3, and added the line equipset_id = 1, under it because the game defaults to the last entry in the file for the start equipment of a character and ID = 1 is for the shadow warrior who starts with a sword and a shield. Although it says not to alter this file because it is auto generated, once you do and start a new game with the dryad she starts with a Sword and a Shield and not a bow. You could do this for any character though and get what ever starting items you prefer for your char's. I don't know if it has any effects on an existing game.Use at your own risk. This doesn't effect what equipment the character can equip though.

On another note I wouldn't remove the default equipset_id code from the txt file that might could effect the character in ways that aren't safe. I am not responsible if you change the file and something goes wrong that screws up the game. You assume all responsibility and at your own risk. Make a back up before making any changes.

Edited by Vampir

The short answer is "your probably right"

Long Answer. it would be a long and arguist journey, and would take a lot of work.

I don't know but I won't to have for the Dryad to be able to use other armor that is some specific equipment that is used by either the High Elf or Seraphim like for sashes which I guess wouldn't be as hard as changing all the equipment in the game. So I need to learn about changing models first, I'll look into it. Thank you, Best regards.