Modding Stuff From The Demo

Vampir

I just played the demo and man did we get ripped off or what with the retail version. The Fallen Angel demo has some cool stuff and features that I guess they took out the actual full game. One thing that looks much better in the demo is the Chest where you store your items it looks much cooler when you open it up has different graphic's, then there are different and more enemy's in bronze when you start the game, and they seem more aggressive. I went to level 3 before getting to shoeford which I have never done in the actual game under bronze by just running to there from where you start with out taking any quest. Another thing I like about the demo is no playing of the Fallen Angel Introduction video when starting a new char I so want to disable that in the full game.

is there away to mod things from the demo into the Full Version such as some the different graphics, removing the intro video, etc.

I still think we got ripped on the retail version of Sacred 2 Fallen Angel except for where a few things where improved like the Quest Log Book but other things we're downgraded.

I just played the demo and man did we get ripped off or what with the retail version. The Fallen Angel demo has some cool stuff and features that I guess they took out the actual full game. One thing that looks much better in the demo is the Chest where you store your items it looks much cooler when you open it up has different graphic's, then there are different and more enemy's in bronze when you start the game, and they seem more aggressive. I went to level 3 before getting to shoeford which I have never done in the actual game under bronze by just running to there from where you start with out taking any quest. Another thing I like about the demo is no playing of the Fallen Angel Introduction video when starting a new char I so want to disable that in the full game.

is there away to mod things from the demo into the Full Version such as some the different graphics, removing the intro video, etc.

I still think we got ripped on the retail version of Sacred 2 Fallen Angel except for where a few things where improved like the Quest Log Book but other things we're downgraded.

Ripped off? You do realize that the demo version was meant to cram as much of the game into the space surrounding Sloeford. You'll find every single enemy from the demo in the actual game - just not in the area around Sloeford. The idea behind the demo is to give you a taste of as much of the game as possible - all while keeping the demo file's size reasonably small so you don't have to download 13+ GB worth of stuff to try it out.

As far as leveling up goes - I generally find it fairly easy to get to at least level 5 in Bronze or Silver before I ever set foot in Sloeford. There are plenty of baddies and quests to do that will get you there.

If you don't want to watch the intro video - just press Esc when it starts playing.

A quick note on the intro video, if you mean the one with the old blind dude talking to you then you can create/add a line to the optionsCustom.txt file. If you have windows 7/vista its located here:

[b]C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2[/b]

and xp here:

[b]C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2[/b]

If you havent already created this file, create a text document, name it optionsCustom.txt and add the following line to it:

[b]render.videos = 0[/b]

This will prevent the game running any prerendered cinematics, however the videos at the creation of a toon life which use the ingame engine cannot be prevented from running beforehand, you have to wait for them and then press escape or possibly any other button

Yes, that is the video I hoped to stop from loading ever time I start a new game. Thank You.

As for the Graphics in the demo namely there is this

chestdemo.JPG

I would like to be able to make the retail version more difficult too though like the demo.

Indium Shaman - If you are looking to make the enemies more challenging, here are some lines in the balance.txt you can toy with-

Enemy_armor = {800,850,900,1000,2800},

Enemy_weapondamage = {650,750,850,1000,3700},

Enemy_spelldamage = {500,650,800,900,2700},

Each number left from right represents the game's difficulty - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat., and Niob.(The numbers above are unedited)

Don't forget to back up the Balance.txt first before editing!

Edited by Graeystone

Yep, that is probably it the final version had the image completed to match the out side of the box, it would be cooler if the box it's self was black too.

If you want the black background - get the CM Patch - as of version 0100, most of the boxes, buttons and what not are black.

Indium Shaman - If you are looking to make the enemies more challenging, here are some lines in the balance.txt you can toy with-

Enemy_armor = {800,850,900,1000,2800},

Enemy_weapondamage = {650,750,850,1000,3700},

Enemy_spelldamage = {500,650,800,900,2700},

Each number left from right represents the game's difficulty - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat., and Niob.(The numbers above are unedited)

Don't forget to back up the Balance.txt first before editing!

Okay, I'll give that a try, Thank you.

Yep, that is probably it the final version had the image completed to match the out side of the box, it would be cooler if the box it's self was black too.

If you want the black background - get the CM Patch - as of version 0100, most of the boxes, buttons and what not are black.

I've been wondering what was with the CM patch and if I should have it. Ascaron isn't around so there won't be any official patch I guess. Thanks, Best Regards.

I've been wondering what was with the CM patch and if I should have it. Ascaron isn't around so there won't be any official patch I guess. Thanks, Best Regards.

Just know that it only works on a fully patched version of Ice and Blood.

Don't forget Deep Silver has bought the rights (and presumably the source code) to all things Sacred... They've pretty much said there won't be any updates for it coming down the pike as they're concentrating on putting together Sacred 3. So no, there won't be an official patch coming from them either.