Changing txt files with Ice & Blood

I've read a lot about people changing how much experience you can get and changing how many rares drop or duplicating items so do all these work with ice& blood with the cm? I have win 7 btw too...

If the drop not necesary to duplicate because the items drop more I'm refer if you whant 1 sword drop the same but you must to edit drop to more 5000 and if you put to 10.000 drop more and more:D

And for experience edit the mp_experience and for the number if you have put 0 and the experience will be duplicate and I put more 0 and I kill the 2 mobs and I make 1 level :D

And for experience edit the mp_experience and for the number if you have put 0 and the experience will be duplicate and I put more 0 and I kill the 2 mobs and I make 1 level :D

Ok now one more question do I need to make backup files for any of this if so how do u do that? I've never made a backup file before lol

Ok now one more question do I need to make backup files for any of this if so how do u do that? I've never made a backup file before lol

A word to the wise should be sufficient: YES!

Before you start messing around with ANY of Sacred 2's files, make a quick copy of the file. That way, should anything go horribly wrong, you can copy the file back into it's original location and go on from there.

Balance.txt should be located in:

C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\scripts\server

Create a folder under ...\Server called "...\Server\backup then right-click on Balance.txt and select copy. Click on the Backup folder and right-click in the right side and select paste. Then, and only then should you start playing around with the contents of balance.txt (or any other file)...

Ok thanks wolf! :D actually another question how do you go about changing the balance file I think I read somewhere that you need a text editor?

EDIT: Ok so I figured out that notepad is a text editor I just need to know how you edit then put it back in the file? Is there like a step by step guide for doing this? Actually why do you have to use a text editor can't you just delete and put numbers in the direct balance.txt?

Edited by abreen28

Yes... You need a text editor - and as you've found out it's Notepad.

I'm not entirely sure what the confusion is - you need a text editor because that's the tool you use to modify a text file.

You can't just simply delete the file. How would you enter the information unless you use a tool (in this case a text editor) to do so.

As far as a step by step thing - I don't know if there is one but I can at least give you a basic idea of what you're in for...

These are the first few lines of Balance.txt:

local newBalanceValues = {
 AdjustCriticalDamageFactor = 1200,
 AdjustDamageFactor = 1000,
 AdjustPvPFactor = 200,
 AdjustSpellFactor = 1000,
 BasepointsMultiplier = 500,
 ChanceForAdditionalSlots = 450,
 ChanceForSlotToImprove = 200,
 ChanceIncForSlotImprovePerRareLevel = 50,
 ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForBlankItem = 0,
 ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForMagicItem = 0,
 ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForNormalItem = 250,
 ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForUniqueItem = 0,
 DiceRange = 1000,

As you can see, there are a lot of variables stored in the file. The variables (the part on the left of the = sign) must be typed EXACTLY as they are or the game won't have a clue as to what the number on the right is. This is why you simply edit the file (CAREFULLY!) and not delete and retype the whole thing.

Secondly, unless you actually know what the variable does, it's generally best NOT to muck about with it. Modifying certain variables can cause problems (which is why you made the backup... Right?) like crashes and otherwise outright weird behavior.

Third - you can do some research in the wiki and other resources for modifications you can make safely that will do what you want...

Yes... You need a text editor - and as you've found out it's Notepad.

I'm not entirely sure what the confusion is - you need a text editor because that's the tool you use to modify a text file.

You can't just simply delete the file. How would you enter the information unless you use a tool (in this case a text editor) to do so.

As far as a step by step thing - I don't know if there is one but I can at least give you a basic idea of what you're in for...

These are the first few lines of Balance.txt:

local newBalanceValues = {
 AdjustCriticalDamageFactor = 1200,
 AdjustDamageFactor = 1000,
 AdjustPvPFactor = 200,
 AdjustSpellFactor = 1000,
 BasepointsMultiplier = 500,
 ChanceForAdditionalSlots = 450,
 ChanceForSlotToImprove = 200,
 ChanceIncForSlotImprovePerRareLevel = 50,
 ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForBlankItem = 0,
 ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForMagicItem = 0,
 ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForNormalItem = 250,
 ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForUniqueItem = 0,
 DiceRange = 1000,

As you can see, there are a lot of variables stored in the file. The variables (the part on the left of the = sign) must be typed EXACTLY as they are or the game won't have a clue as to what the number on the right is. This is why you simply edit the file (CAREFULLY!) and not delete and retype the whole thing.

Secondly, unless you actually know what the variable does, it's generally best NOT to muck about with it. Modifying certain variables can cause problems (which is why you made the backup... Right?) like crashes and otherwise outright weird behavior.

Third - you can do some research in the wiki and other resources for modifications you can make safely that will do what you want...

I figured it out all I changed for now was the quest money rewards and quest reward experience. I turned in a quest and went from 8 to 25 so I def took that out and put it back to normal lol :4rofl: the money I think I'm going to lower because that is a lot for one quest like 100k I only want a little money lol I don't want to ruin the game or anything so I'll lower the money and be done messin with it. :P So thanks for all your help extremely helpful :) oh and yes I made a backup and this is the site I was going off of http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/index.php/Sacred_2:_Fallen_Angel_%28PC%29

Edited by abreen28

To drop more this is the line to edit how is this:

ZRareExpectation15 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation14 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation13 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation12 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation11 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation10 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation09 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation08 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation07 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation06 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation05 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation04 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation03 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation02 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation01 = 1000,

and

local beValues = {

NORMAL_STANDARD = 10000,---->drop from mobs

NORMAL_RUNE = 5000,-----> drop runes and potions

CHAMP_STANDARD = 10000,---->drop from mobs

CHAMP_RUNE = 5000,-----> drop runes and potions

BOSS_STANDARD = 10000,----->drop from BOSS

BOSS_RUNE = 5000----->drop from BOSS runes and potions

and for experience edit this line in balance.txt

mp_experience-----> and there is the number and if you put the 0 the points will be duplicate and if you put more 0 the points ( XP ) will be more

and most IMPORTANT is to make a backup the file ( just copy and paste the file from another location on you HDD) and for more read this post http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15537

ENJOY :drunkards::thumbsup::agreed::woot::bye:

Edited by King Angel

To drop more this is the line to edit how is this:

ZRareExpectation15 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation14 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation13 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation12 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation11 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation10 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation09 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation08 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation07 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation06 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation05 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation04 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation03 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation02 = 1000,

ZRareExpectation01 = 1000,

and

local beValues = {

NORMAL_STANDARD = 10000,---->drop from mobs

NORMAL_RUNE = 5000,-----> drop runes and potions

CHAMP_STANDARD = 10000,---->drop from mobs

CHAMP_RUNE = 5000,-----> drop runes and potions

BOSS_STANDARD = 10000,----->drop from BOSS

BOSS_RUNE = 5000----->drop from BOSS runes and potions

and for experience edit this line in balance.txt

mp_experience-----> and there is the number and if you put the 0 the points will be duplicate and if you put more 0 the points ( XP ) will be more

and most IMPORTANT is to make a backup the file ( just copy and paste the file from another location on you HDD) and for more read this post http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15537

ENJOY :drunkards::thumbsup::agreed::woot::bye:

So if I do this to get rare drops all the time is bargaining and enhanced perception pointless to have then or do you get different things from what drops?