How do you change the amount of gold that drops off mobs?

I don't know if there is anything in the balance.txt, at least there is nothing I have seen specifically for gold drops. However if you play with the ZRareExpectations you should be able to find the one that deals with gold drops and increase the probability of that, but that wont increase the numerical values of each drop, only the amount of drops. {erhaps just increase the questgoldlow/max values a bit and get extra gold from doing quests.

thanks for the reply I'm doing the quest amount right now I was just wondering if there was a way to change for each mod I think you're right though when I had the rares up a little bit I do remember getting a lot more gold so I'll check it out thanks! ;) lol now I have to guess which one it is :P I know that 12+ for the zrare files are the best ones to change but what does the other ones mean 11-0?

Edited by abreen28

I think gold is somewhere close to 0, maybe a bit higher.

Ok I'll experiment and let you know thanks! :viking:

EDIT: well it seems like the gold stacks the higher you keep adding I started at 0 then went up leaving the previous at 1000 and the gold goes up as does the type of items that dropped and I don't want the items just the gold so I'll just stick to the quest gold until someone figures it out otherwise...

Edited by abreen28

Actually it seems like it isn't the zrare files that has to do with these files:

local beValues = {

NORMAL_STANDARD = 350,

NORMAL_RUNE = 15,

CHAMP_STANDARD = 700,

CHAMP_RUNE = 45,

BOSS_STANDARD = 1000,

BOSS_RUNE = 600

I think not 100% sure though :blush:

Actually it seems like it isn't the zrare files that has to do with these files:

local beValues = {

NORMAL_STANDARD = 350,

NORMAL_RUNE = 15,

CHAMP_STANDARD = 700,

CHAMP_RUNE = 45,

BOSS_STANDARD = 1000,

BOSS_RUNE = 600

I think not 100% sure though :blush:

IF modify this drop sets, more money, more potions, more runes, legendary. For exemple I kill de wolf and drop more money and potions

yeah I was wrong about that I think it is the zrare files for gold because I only changed the ones above and the gold that dropped was low that was after I put the zrare files back to normal

I have found gold to come in different quality levels similar to items.(low, medium, high) Increasing the the higher level zrareexpectation numbers increases the chance for a rare gold drop. however it also increases the chances for all the other rare items. Another option is to increase the gold from quests, which is much easier .

QuestGoldmax = {3025,4030,5035,6040,8050}, will increase gold from completing quests.

I have never tried the EXTRAGOLD = 0 it may do what you want?

A quick search in blueprint.txt yielded:

Drop_Gold_junk00

Drop_Gold_normal01

Drop_Gold_rare09

They each have different minconstraints, well that, and also the id, and name are the only things different.

Also, there is a few references to Drop_Gold_junk00(id of 697), none for Drop_Gold_normal01(id of 699), and only 1 for Drop_Gold_rare09(id of 700). Maybe experimenting with them might help, I don't know.

A quick search in blueprint.txt yielded:

Drop_Gold_junk00

Drop_Gold_normal01

Drop_Gold_rare09

They each have different minconstraints, well that, and also the id, and name are the only things different.

Also, there is a few references to Drop_Gold_junk00(id of 697), none for Drop_Gold_normal01(id of 699), and only 1 for Drop_Gold_rare09(id of 700). Maybe experimenting with them might help, I don't know.

So how would you change the numbers for drops just add zeros? I don't want to mess anything up lol :sweating:

• 3 weeks later...