I need help after installing Sacred 2.

So I finally managed to get my hands on the PC version of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel without the expansion and after installing it, I keep getting an error message and the game doesn't load. Could anybody decipher what the following error codes mean?

driver: [igxprd32.dll]

graphicscard: [intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family]

device: [\\.\DISPLAY1]

cDX9Base::_initDX() CreateDevice failed!

cDX9Advance::_initAdvance() initDX failed!

SacredApp::setup() setupWindow failed!

App::Setup() failed!

I immediately noticed the integrated graphics which means you're likely using the motherboard for graphics. This is fine for normal usage, but games have a tendency to not like integrated graphics. If you have a PC Express or AGP card installed on the machine, there may be a way to disable the integrated graphics thru the BIOS.

Yeah unfortunately there's no way around the integrated graphics as it is a Dell Inspiron 545s that was given to me by my gf's parents- so pretty much basic everything. As long as it plays, I'll be happy.

Anyway I can get it to work?

You could check Dell's site to see if there are any driver updates for the integrated graphics. If they don't since it's Intel, perhaps there are driver updates there. I don't know how many and which types of available slots the machine you mentioned has. I suspect that if you even open it up to check out your upgrade options it could void the warranty.

So I finally managed to get my hands on the PC version of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel without the expansion and after installing it, I keep getting an error message and the game doesn't load. Could anybody decipher what the following error codes mean?

Yeah.... Like DaveO said - the problem is likely with the graphics subsystem. The thing is...Intel graphics chips are sucky at best for any game beyond say, Solitaire. They're OK for regular stuff - like running Office or other business apps. But most gaming has much more intensive demands that most Intel video just can't deliver. I see a new video card in your future...

On a positive note, you don't really need a super high end card to make Sacred 2 work. A relatively cheap Nvidia GT 220 will do the trick. I got mine for about $50 a year ago. They're probably a bit cheaper now.

Note: If this is a laptop... You're pretty much out of luck. No easy way to upgrade one of those with discrete graphics.

Thanks for the help fellas.

After much searching around the web, I've found this free desktop is going to require me to spend money on it just to even get some basic game playing on it. I have to find a low profile card which supports a 250W PSU.

I updated all the drivers but the same errors popped up, so maybe a new video card can get Sacred 2 up and running even at the most basic configurations.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah...3D Analyze didn't help either.

So I'll be installing a video card that was given to me by a friend, an ASUS EAH 5450. He said it's low profile and should work, so fingers crossed I can get it to connect.

• 3 months later...

Hi noodles,

Follow these steps:

igxprd32.dll

This is because you are missing a file.

Step 1. You can download http://dllcentral.com/igxprd32.dll/6.14.10.5248/ here.

Step 2. Paste this file into your system32 and system folder. Also put it in your syswow

Step 3. Navigate to your System32(32Bit OS) or SyWOW64(64Bit OS) Folder.

Note: The location of System32 or SyWOW64 is

C:Windows\System32 (If you are using 32Bit Windows)

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (if you are using 64Bit Windows)

Step 4.Paste the igxprd32.dll into this folder.

Step 5.Run the game. It might work now.

Edited by MelissaNBarkley