New to Sacred 2 on PC, Need help

new to the forums in a round about way and to sacred on pc so this may or may not be the place for this question and I am sorry if it isn't. Basically I new new to sacred for the PC had it for the console and I couldn't get a char past like level 30, I have made a few posts on different guides trying to find some beginner friendly one's but I come up with almost nothing not to mention having ADHD doesn't help me with the learning curve this game has. I own Fallen Angel but not the X-Pac but the main question I have is are there any builds that give a good detailed way to roll a toon so as to have a well built character and help noob's like myself and my wife learn the game in the process? I have looked at so many guides and they almost all seem like there made for people who know the game already and well to be honest that kinda sucks for people still trying to grasp how things work and I just wanted to know if there was something like that out there besides charts and theory crafting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You, Mistle

Aloha and Welcome Mistle.

In my opinion (insert grain of salt here) I would start a Shadow warrior for one of your builds. I recently started on without using any support or boosting from our network, He has enhanced perception to help find goodies, doesn't spend any cash at the merchants, they wont sell to him. He is a bit ugly. He also has Blacksmithing so he can socket his own armor. The rest of the build is fairly close to my Ultimate warrior build, link in my signature.

If your interested gimme a shout and I will write him up for you.

Welcome Dennis.

Your observation of most of our guides is very interesting. I believe the level of detail of this game and the depth of the mechanics are a real hindrance to a truely beginners level guide. I believe the size and depth of the sacredwiki is testimony to the detail of this game. As you said, many of our guides assume that there is a prerequisite small bit of knowledge of the game mechanics and general play. And they read more like a blueprint for a character build.

As for a detailed, " How to Play the Game" guide. I would have to say our wiki may be the best resource for you. There are some nice explanations of the controls and screens. Summaries of each characters basics all the way to the most detailed and complex mechanics.

Having said that, I was able to learn a lot with the assistance of Dobri's Comprehensive Guides. He also assumes a bit of understanding of the game on the players part, but his guides are very well written and he goes into some detail on the reasons behind certain choice selections etc.

Good Luck

PS. And feel free to post any question you have here. We will be glad to answer any, even if you think it may be too simple a question to risk asking. We will answer all as best we can.

Stick with it, Mistle! I know how you feel. I started playing back with S1 original release*, when there wasn't anything out there to read up on and it seemed that it was me, alone at my computer, trying to make sense of the whole thing. I remember boosting my seraphim's hard hit Combat Art and thinking "Hold on, I drop a rune in there and it gets tougher to use?" Took me a while to figure out the art of CA regeneration balance! That was my Eureka moment, when S1 (and Sacred 2, by implication) went from frustration to joy to play.

As the manual says, go for Shadow Warrior or (in my opinion) Seraphim to start with - they start out a little more robust than the others and can use heavy weapons and armour. It really is a matter of playing around in the game, realising your first few (hundred) builds aren't going to be world killers and reading up as much as you can. And remembering to have fun whilst doing it!

Enjoy the game and welcome to the forums.

* Back when we had to look for broken twigs in the woods as quest guides...

• Like! 1

Stick with it, Mistle! I know how you feel. I started playing back with S1 original release*, when there wasn't anything out there to read up on and it seemed that it was me, alone at my computer, trying to make sense of the whole thing. I remember boosting my seraphim's hard hit Combat Art and thinking "Hold on, I drop a rune in there and it gets tougher to use?" Took me a while to figure out the art of CA regeneration balance! That was my Eureka moment, when S1 (and Sacred 2, by implication) went from frustration to joy to play.

As the manual says, go for Shadow Warrior or (in my opinion) Seraphim to start with - they start out a little more robust than the others and can use heavy weapons and armour. It really is a matter of playing around in the game, realising your first few (hundred) builds aren't going to be world killers and reading up as much as you can. And remembering to have fun whilst doing it!

Enjoy the game and welcome to the forums.

* Back when we had to look for broken twigs in the woods as quest guides...

Nice! Steerpike1 you wrote that like a true pro that used to be new at this game too. :) Well done.

@locolagarto and Steerpike1 thank you very very much for the replies and the kind words, it makes me happy that there are such friendly folks willing to help and/or give advice as what to do to enjoy an experience such as gaming in general. I will check the wiki and read up as much as I can to try and further my sacred understanding and hope my brain doesn't fry in the process.

@Furian67 if you could help me with said guide/character sheet that would be awesome and I would be in your debt because as I said I really want to enjoy the game so anything you can give me would be great thank you again.

again thank you for the replies. :)

Mistle

gimme a few minutes and I'll get a small write - up made. Pictures more likely. Oh and btw

not to mention having ADHD doesn't help me with the learning curve this game has.
I'm in the same boat, we can overcome and adapt. No worries. We are all here to help.

Be right back with some pics for ya.

Ok I took some pics, this should speak for itself fairly well.

WidowmakernakedAttributes.jpg

The Malevolent Champion and Death Warrior skills I only take to near 21 points initially for mod points to the buffs and attack combat arts.

Pole Arms was the first skill that I got to level, I did this for the attack speed and Casting speed of his combat arts. The Pole Arms, Two handed Swords, and Two handed Hafted weapons are the slowest in the game. By keeping this weapons skil at level and one of the first three to get mastery at 75 our attack speed is awesome.

Enhanced perception is the next skill I will get to level and get mastery at 75. This helps me find those goodies we are all seeking from the drops off mobs killed and by opening chests.

Tactics Lore is the third skill for mastery at 75, this will give me damage and mod points for both Death Warrior and Malevolent Champion aspects.

Here is how I modded the two buffs that the skill concentration allows me to wear.

GrimResistance.jpgReflectiveEmenation.jpg

I only eat one rune for these buffs. As I find gear that has sockets on them I will smith the buff rune into this. When I first start I will put my buff suit on, cast it, then put my Battle suit back on before hunting. This allows me to have a maximum buff but without the regeneration penalty.

I mod my attack combat arts this way.

FrenziedRampage.jpgDemonicBlow.jpg

After I start finding items like equipment, weapons, or rings that have Regeneration per hit on them I will start to eat runes for my combat arts. Keeping the regeneration time of the FR or DB at a point lower than what I have socketed of Regen per Hit.

And this is what my WidowMaker looks like, Running on Ice and Blood with CM-Patch installed.

WidowMaker.jpg

What an awesome-looking Shadow Warrior, Furian! Is that a set he's wearing, or something you've pieced together?

Oh, and where did you get that cape? I've never seen one in the game before.

You're making me want to build a Darth Vader inspired lightsaber SW.

Edited by belgarathmth

What an awesome-looking Shadow Warrior, Furian! Is that a set he's wearing, or something you've pieced together?

Oh, and where did you get that cape? I've never seen one in the game before.

You're making me want to build a Darth Vader inspired lightsaber SW.

That is a new set implemented with CM 0110.

yes it's a new set with cm patch 110, we've been waiting for it for awhile now. It pretty much combines both Death Warrior and Malevolent Champion aspects. Even with my balance file boosted for drops I have yet to get the shoulders.

Okay, I've gotta have it! :oooo:

:starwars:

Curse the addictiveness of this game! Every time I get a character to level 50-70, something else comes along that I need, that I absolutely must try, necessitating yet another build!

I just started a new SW build where I'm maxing Enhanced Perception. Maybe I'll find some more set pieces for my other characters along the way.

I think I'll still be playing when I'm 80 years old without ever finishing Niobium or reaching level 200.

heh, this is a great group of people you have here all offering help. There's not too many stand alone games as immense as this one, but maybe all the sweat we have to work with in getting to know this game is one of it's secret rewards. That and the bugs :P

Enjoy the game and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Awesome! truly awesome work, I appreciate every last bit of help and can't wait to put it to good use enjoying Sacred 2, I made my wife look at the wiki last night for 2 and a half hours lol trying to figure things out but she and I learned a lot of things doing that. But again thanks for the build info and pimp looking toon.. sorry to cut this short but I am off to fame and glory and eat some faces with this new info.

thanks again

Mistle

no no, the ice and blood add-on for sacred 2 :P sorry.

Sadly, no. The Ice and Blood expansion was only released for the PC. Ascaron went belly up before it could a have been released for either console. Deep Silver, for whatever reason, chose never to go up the avenue of releasing it either.

no no, the ice and blood add-on for sacred 2 :P sorry.

Ice and Blood can be installed in a non UK version of the game, however it requires fiddling with the registry setting and a few other folder names and so on. There is a guide on the SIF about how it works, but if you want to play on eu servers you will need to purchase an eu cd-key for FA and Ice and Blood...so if you only want Ice and Blood and dont play online US FA + Ice and Blood is possible...read through this for info.