Questions about Item Modifiers

Mostly about item modifiers.

I'll keep things pretty simple. I've started building a High Elf, she's going to be set up mostly to be able to shop for jewelery and eventually for EP later in the build to look for weapons but I have some questions about item modifiers and what ones will work to enhance her spells.

Jewelery : Do open wounds and disregard armor work with her magic attacks? eg. if I cast RN is it possible for it to also trigger open wounds to also cause bleeding damage? Same question applies for chance to disregard armor to maximize the damage inflicted?

Also a SW question, with demonic blow what exactly does severe wounds do? I've looked on the sacred wiki and couldn't find any information on it.

Open wounds and disregard are more likely to be weapon based modifiers. for a Ice or fire elf, I would more likely look for Inteligence, spell intensity, Ice or fire Damage +%,

Open wounds and disregard are more likely to be weapon based modifiers. for a Ice or fire elf, I would more likely look for Inteligence, spell intensity, Ice or fire Damage +%,

I wasn't sure if they would work with spells, I might still test it out to see.

Would it be better to use pure ice damage % modifiers or general damage % modifiers? (I know that the pure ice % modifier is going to be higher but I'm only low level right now and will be using multiple spells till regen times come down)

Would it be better to use pure ice damage % modifiers or general damage % modifiers? (I know that the pure ice % modifier is going to be higher but I'm only low level right now and will be using multiple spells till regen times come down)

I generally use the all channel damage ( Such as the Blacksmith's Whet socketable), as even the Ice spells like Glacial Shards have a physical damage component. So all channel will boost both the Ice and Physical components.

I generally use the all channel damage ( Such as the Blacksmith's Whet socketable), as even the Ice spells like Glacial Shards have a physical damage component. So all channel will boost both the Ice and Physical components.

Ok so after the damage % modifier what would be the next best items to improve her killing abilities, especially against mobs? Right now I'm using blazing tempest to inflict dot then glacial shards as they get closer. I'm pumping int with each attribute point from leveling and skill points are going into bargaining, mystic lore and delphic focus (she's level 20 right now, I plan on keeping bargaining at her character level).

AFAIK, Death Blow affects spells on the console versions, so you might try to work in a little DB.

I have 30% death blow on her, works quite nicely to finish off bosses.

AFAIK, Death Blow affects spells on the console versions, so you might try to work in a little DB.

I have 30% death blow on her, works quite nicely to finish off bosses.

If you can get it up to about 67%. and the first hit gets the monsters health down to DB level (66%) you can finish it with the second hit. double damage is hard to beat with any of the modifiers we can choose from. too bad Ice and Blood Nerfed DB for spells.

I went to the Grunwald dragon last night and put on a few pieces with open wounds and can say for sure that they do trigger (on the ps3 anyways). I was able to get the dragon bleeding with glacial thorns, ragging nimbus and blazing tempest. I imagine the other wounding effects would work also.

Edited by nygyg

I went to the Grunwald dragon last night and put on a few pieces with open wounds and can say for sure that they do trigger (on the ps3 anyways). I was able to get the dragon bleeding with glacial thorns, ragging nimbus and blazing tempest. I imagine the other wounding effects would work also.

Great to hear.

Just to solidify your findings, make a couple runs with no modifiers, and then a couple with the open wounds equipped.

Thorns have high physical damage = bleeding, and blazing has high fire = bleeding. I am just curious if the open wounds modifier was really what triggered the bleeding or if it was just the Combat Arts high damage.

Once we know how it works on Console, I will do some comparison in Ice&Blood PC. Then some edits to the wiki will have data to back them up. :)

cheers

Great to hear.

Just to solidify your findings, make a couple runs with no modifiers, and then a couple with the open wounds equipped.

Thorns have high physical damage = bleeding, and blazing has high fire = bleeding. I am just curious if the open wounds modifier was really what triggered the bleeding or if it was just the Combat Arts high damage.

Once we know how it works on Console, I will do some comparison in Ice&Blood PC. Then some edits to the wiki will have data to back them up. :)

cheers

I can go try it on Octogolamus, I'll remove anything with open wound modifiers and just use raging nimbus on him (only 1 ruin into it so low damage). If I don't see any open wound damage I'll put the modifiers back on and see if that will trigger it. Will that work for you?

Ok so I stood infront of Octogolamus for 20 minutes, no open wound modifiers equiped and cast ragging nimbus on him over and over and saw no open wounds triggered. I put on 1 piece with a 6% chance for open wounds and triggered and open wound on the second nimbus I cast and triggerd quite a few more over the next 5 minutes. I removed the gloves and continued trying different attacks (cobolt strike, incendary shower and others) no open wounds were triggered. I put the gloves back on and started triggering open wounds again. I kept doing this for about an hour and never seen open wounds trigger when I removed the modifier but it triggered many times when I put the modifier back on. Hopefully this is what you were looking for.

Edited by nygyg

This sounds pretty definitive to me. Great work. This may have been known by others, but I am glad you took the time to prove it here. Thank you :BlobRed: I will do a similar test tonight in Ice and Blood and see if I can get the same results.