Is Sacred 2 multiplayer like fable 2

Im thinking about buying this game tomarrow and was wondering something about the multiplayer.

Is the multiplayer like fable 2 where when friend join they are just an assistant with non of their own gear or experience levels,

or do they join with their characters that they have leveled and use their weapons, armor, etc.?

Any help with this question is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

~Sixx

Im thinking about buying this game tomarrow and was wondering something about the multiplayer.

Is the multiplayer like fable 2 where when friend join they are just an assistant with non of their own gear or experience levels,

or do they join with their characters that they have leveled and use their weapons, armor, etc.?

Any help with this question is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

~Sixx

Welcome sixx!

Sacred2 has 3 types of multi player. 1. Coop Single player where each player has a single player character saved on their system. one player serves as host to the other. 2. Open Net. Each player has a multi player character saved on there system, they join through an online lobby, games are hosted by one of the players. Max 16 on a server 3. closed net- each player brings a character saved on the closed network. games are joined through a lobby and hosted on a remote server. Max 16 on a server

that was the detail answer. the short one is that each player has their own character save and gear, etc.. Characters can play cooperatively if they are with a few levels of each other, or play independently on the same server.

Our gang taking out Guardians in a Kamikaze

http://www.xfire.com/video/c107f/

Again, our gang with bobble heads attire taking out Guardian...one of my fave videos

And once again our gang taking out a dragon..I think this was Kamikaze

Glad you found us, this game is sick

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

What Im looking to do is get this game to play with 1 friend of mine.

All I want know is, if I host a Campaign or FFA, does my friend join with this character and gear?

That is exactly it, yes.

Great! That is EXACTLY what im looking for.

I hope this game is as great as the reviews claim it is.

Id just hate for it to be like fable 2. I hate it when multiplayer games dont allow players but the host keep their gear, weapons, money, etc. Its such a let down. Im relieved to know that wont happen with my friend.

Im getting it on PS3, my profile says PC, but it wont let me change my settings :P

If you and your friend are going to play together online you will have to be within 10 lvls of each other. If your going to be playing online which ever one of you has the more stable internet connection should be the host as the ps3 uses peer to peer for Sacred 2 (there is no actual game server for the ps3).

Im getting it on PS3, my profile says PC, but it wont let me change my settings :P

If you and your friend are going to play together online you will have to be within 10 lvls of each other. If your going to be playing online which ever one of you has the more stable internet connection should be the host as the ps3 uses peer to peer for Sacred 2 (there is no actual game server for the ps3).

True. The console's Multi player functions in a similar way to the PC's Open Net.

Yea I know :P

I also have a 360 and a laptop

We play co-op games for them but I dont have any co-op games for PS3 because I just got it a few days ago.

But if anyone here has played Fable 2 online, youll know it sucks because your friend comes in as a pre-generated

character that doesnt keep their weapons or gear, hell they cant even customize the character. That and their only

as strong as the host. Its terrible. Fable 3 fixed that, however if the host has DLC that the connecting player does not have,

then they cannot play.

I just wanted to make sure it wasnt like Fable 2's terrible online.

By the way....whats going on with the CM-Patch and the Ice and Blood. Are those expansions?

I saw some of the legendary weapons while doing research on the Sacred 2 wikia and wanted to know if

I would need something else.

Edited by Sicksicsixx