Gar'Colossus CM patch - life leech?

Hello, I've just been fighting CM patch Gar'Colossus for the first time with a Shadow Warrior.

My Dragon Mages were able to defeat it by using Destroyers over and over.

However, what's happening with my melee SW is that the new Gar seems to be using Life Leech.

For whatever damage I can hit it for, it just heals itself over and over.

I have no idea how to get past this with a melee character.

Do I have to disable the CM patch?

Can it be done temporarily and then reactivated?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sigh. Okay, I just went back in and beat him. The only thing I did differently was to change weapons to do 30 points additional damage. Only 30 points. Both times I was using light sabers with physical and fire primary damage.

I am still interested in why this tiny change made the difference. The first weapon had Life Leech in it. Was the Gar reflecting my own LL? Or was it that its own LL was recharging it for exactly 30 points and that tiny amount made all the difference?

Edited by belgarathmth

I've heard that if you lure him back onto the wooden bridge, he gets weaker. can't confirm it though, maybe you did it the second time you tried?

I've had insane troubles vs him with my dryad too.

Someone correct me it I'm wrong, but I think Gar does heal himself. But not with leech, rather than with those rocks he drops sometimes. At least it seemed like that few times I fought him.

Haven't really have hard time with him, save the few times with my poor caster elves or dryads. Tough nut to crack for those poor gals. :P

I think they gave him a fixed amount of life leech per hit. It isn't reflected, as I've attacked him with non-life leechers and seen him do the same (I'm sort of stalled on my scrooge/dedicated build at present as he can't cause enough damage to overcome his healing ability). It might be related to the rocks, as I've always (up until CM patch) been able to get by him without worrying much about the rocks. As always, having life leech % weapons is an easy way past.

Edited by Steerpike1

Yes we gave Gar' a neat little trick didn't we. He is getting healed by the rocks he throws around. No use letting them just sit there doing nothing for him. :)

Kill the rocks with a single blow (they don't have much HP anyway) and it will put a stop to his healing. The healing effect of the stones is stacking, so the more there are in a given radius, the more he will get healed per sec.

Have fun. :D

Edited by czevak

Yes we gave Gar' a neat little trick didn't we. He is getting healed by the rocks he throws around. No use letting them just sit there doing nothing for him. :)

Kill the rocks with a single blow (they don't have much HP anyway) and it will put a stop to his healing. The healing effect of the stones is stacking, so the more there are in a given radius, the more he will get healed per sec.

Have fun. :D

Ah, that's the secret I was looking for - I didn't know those rocks could be attacked, much less that they were healing Gar by being allowed to sit there.

I did notice that he healed every time he cast the rocks, but I thought he was doing something to me.

I never in a million years would have thought to attack the rocks!

Edited by belgarathmth

I never in a million years would have thought to attack the rocks!

And I even made them glow to give you guys the metaphorical bash over the head with the signpost. XD

Also, smashing the rocks will give you something like "Absorption warding energy: opponent -X%". Not entirely sure if it is that exact modification, but after killing his rocks, his shield drops in 2-3 hits :viking:

Heh, heh - nice one Czevak! I always wondered why people were saying the Mud Man was easier when you took out the stones, when whichever character I was playing would wade in and, with a bit of healing pot abuse in some cases, would wade out the other side having returned the thing to the earth that birthed it. I am a little alarmed though that the easiest boss monster in the game now has a nasty trick up his sleeve. I suppose next you'll make Kral of the Winged Demons more of a threat... No, I didn't just suggest that!