Extra purple circles messing up character quests

Hello, I'm having trouble with all the purple quest points added by the CM.

As far as I can tell, they are meant to help with the Epic Office Quest.

But I'm nowhere near the jungle and nowhere near ready to start that quest.

In the meantime, those extra quest points all over the map are wreaking havoc with every character's character quest. The compass pointer just doesn't know what to do.

My current Shadow Warrior has no idea where to find General Wunderlich, so I've just given up on his personal quest. I'm way off in the orc region now.

Should I click on all those office quest people along the way hoping to clear the map of purple circles so the quest pointer will work again? All they say is "can't help you right now."

The personal quests don't work at all with the CM after a certain point - the quest book will not advance and the purple pointer will not appear on the compass. In many places, while it is still trying to work, the pointer points toward one of the bogus office people instead of to the actual character quest.

What were the CM creators thinking when they added this? It has spoiled an important component of the game - no more character quests unless you already know exactly where to go, step by step.

This will not solve your root problem, but have you checked the wiki regarding your class quest? That is what I had to do on ps3 to complete the seraphim class quest.

Well, I moved the studioquest inside the logbook to the page for the classquests. As a result of this, all corresponding circles became colored.

Before, there was the same confusion with the "normal" quests: You weren't able to differ between the dev-rings and a lot of other questrings on the map.

The initial reason for the movement was: The studioquest runs though the whole map, so linking them to one area-page of the log is wrong.

The solution for both ways is the same and simple: Open the logbook and select the quest you want to follow. With this, the arrow on the compass should lead you.

CU Marcus

Marcus, thanks, but that doesn't work, which is my whole point! Clicking on the character quest page in the logbook does NOT reset the compass pointer, at least not after the first few times you do it. It always crashes and stops working just a few steps into the character quest.

What's worse, the circles for the character quest stop appearing on the world map, too.

I'm playing a Shadow Warrior right now whose character quest is completely crashed. I know I could work around it, probably, by looking up the location of General Wunderlich and finding him manually.

Although, this particular step of the SW quest involves an involuntary teleportation to an underground area, so it may be completely messed up.

I guess I'll try it later.

EDIT: Okay, I left what I was doing and backtracked to Winderlich's location, which I had to look up on the Wiki. From there, the quest was in fact repaired, with the needed blue circles reappearing on the map and the journal working again. I got it up to the Seraphim's undead dragon without having a problem.

I believe the tracking crashes occur when any step of a character quest triggers too close to one of the added blue circles. In those cases, all you can do is find a walkthrough outside of the game that tells you where to go next.

I am still interested in knowing what happens if I talk to all those people with the blue circles along the way and as I go. Will it mess up the later quest that these circles are supposed to help with?

2nd EDIT: The journal and the compass just crashed again after teleporting out of the undead dragon arena. I have no idea where to go next without looking it up.

Edited by belgarathmth

Marcus, thanks, but that doesn't work, which is my whole point! Clicking on the character quest page in the logbook does NOT reset the compass pointer, at least not after the first few times you do it. It always crashes and stops working just a few steps into the character quest.

What's worse, the circles for the character quest stop appearing on the world map, too.

I'm playing a Shadow Warrior right now whose character quest is completely crashed. I know I could work around it, probably, by looking up the location of General Wunderlich and finding him manually.

Although, this particular step of the SW quest involves an involuntary teleportation to an underground area, so it may be completely messed up.

I guess I'll try it later.

EDIT: Okay, I left what I was doing and backtracked to Winderlich's location, which I had to look up on the Wiki. From there, the quest was in fact repaired, with the needed blue circles reappearing on the map and the journal working again. I got it up to the Seraphim's undead dragon without having a problem.

I believe the tracking crashes occur when any step of a character quest triggers too close to one of the added blue circles. In those cases, all you can do is find a walkthrough outside of the game that tells you where to go next.

I am still interested in knowing what happens if I talk to all those people with the blue circles along the way and as I go. Will it mess up the later quest that these circles are supposed to help with?

2nd EDIT: The journal and the compass just crashed again after teleporting out of the undead dragon arena. I have no idea where to go next without looking it up.

Those extra dark blue circles are (as Marcus said) for the developers. They're part of the Epic Office Quest. The linked page gives you a full walkthrough of the entire quest, what it takes to get it done and how to go about it.

In vanilla Ice and Blood, those extra circles would be gray like any other quest - but since the CM Patch moved the Epic Office Quest to the Character Quest category, they are all now a dark blue.

Edited by wolfie2kX