RIP Elisabeth Sladen...

I was prowling io9.com tonight - bored outta my skull since my Sacred 2 system is down until some parts arrive in the next day or two - when I came across an article that said Elisabeth Sladen, best known for playing Sarah Jane Smith on Doctor Who way back during the Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker eras and a couple of cheesy spinoffs - K9 and Company and the Sarah Jane Adventures - passed away April 19th. It seems she was fighting cancer.

She was 63.

post-14586-0-84600400-1303462367_thumb.jpg

I'm bummed...

I've actually never watched Dr. Who, but I've read tons about it as a cult phenomenon and very successful franchise.

My condolences for the family

:(

gogo

p.s. Good hearing you've got the stuff on the way Wolfie +++

I've actually never watched Dr. Who, but I've read tons about it as a cult phenomenon and very successful franchise.

My condolences for the family

:(

gogo

p.s. Good hearing you've got the stuff on the way Wolfie +++

Yah... And it's about to start it's 6th season since the restart, 48 years since it started in '63... It's definitely in the top 10 TV shows - as far as longevity goes.

Sarah Jane Smith - her years on Doctor Who were great - even if the "special effects" look quite cheesy these days. Sarah Jane was quite the feminist in a sense - strong - not the typical scream queen like previous characters who traveled with the Doctor. She was one of the few people who was significant enough to have appeared in both the "classic" era as well as the modern. That and she was quite the hottie back in the day. I confess to having a bit of a crush on her in my early teens.

I got word this morning - the parts won't be here till Monday... This is going to be a long weekend... <sigh>

Edited by wolfie2kX