Got my copy of Mortal Kombat 9 today!

I pre-ordered the (K)ollector's edition of the game as soon as I finished the demo.

It actually cost me like 100 dollars, but you get BONUS stuff both outside of the game and in.

Really hope that it is worth it.

Here's a photo of what you get if you are willing to spend some dough:

There's an artbook to the right with artwork for each character, a steel-case for the game itself, and a collec.. sorry, (K)ollection figurine of scorpion and sub-zero duking it out inside the package there.

Additionally, you will get some extra stuff for the game, like old-school outfits for certain characters and some custom avatars.

P1030048.jpg

I also got a free T-shirt with my order.

The size was, ofcourse, Medium.

WHO uses MEDIUM nowadays? At least not grown men..

I use XXL myself, so I would look VERY suspicious in it.

Would look like a short top, for sure.

Too bad though, I think it looks cool.

P1030049.jpg

Nice looking Collector's Edition. This coming with extra digital goodies is a good deal, with steel-case being my favorite ^^ I just love the over the topness of the series, and the cool thing is that they still manage to keep it going with all the latest in gaming graphics!

:)

gogo

Yeah, been playing it now.

It's alot of fun, for sure. Learning a character's different attacks is quite easy after a few tries, but you need to be really fast to block your opponent's assault at times.

I haven't tried half of the different features in the game yet.

I've only been playing practice and story mode.

I have to say this:

I really recommend this game!

If you are a fan of fighting-games, this one is truly essential.

The whole ultraviolent theme it's got going, with slow motion x-ray impact damage and stuff, is just so much fun.

Yeah, it is fun.

But one thing bothers me..

Either I am a little bad at this game, or it is just made for people with ultra speed reflexes.

To block some attacks, I swear you need to be connected with the matrix and slow down time.

I play this game at the easiest setting: Beginner.

That's like the bottom of a list of 6 difficulty settings.

Imagine playing on the top one.

Also, I tend to get a little annoyed when I lose a game too often.

To avoid losing my nerve, I guess I should take a short break and watch some Macgyver instead.

He'll know what to do. ;)

Edited by Sirius

Macgyver lol. Yeah, some bubble gum, paper clips and select household products should do the trick. Oh and a pause button for while you're putting it all together. ^^

That tough on beginner eh? That's some super pumped AI. Granted it's always a matter of time with those kind of games. Gotta train that muscle memory to do it all on auto pilot.

Yeah, I just finished wathcing the first season on DVD, so I'm going to continue playing now.

I was just waiting for an episode where Macgyver was pinned down between loads of badguys in grey suits shooting at him, and then he just thinks "to hell with this ethical sh*t, eat some lead!", and then he just picks up the meanest gun and shoots the crap out of everyone within a hundred yards. Hahaha.

That would make my day.

Back to topic:

You should definately try the demo for this game, and buy it if you think it kicks ass.

There are some MEAN fatalities and x-ray moves in there that is bound to have you laughing from the extremely exaggerated violence on display.