Using CM set items without patch?

While doing the Standard Sets for the High Elf I noticed something. I downloaded one of Lazy Tomcats set files to see if one of the boots for a set would display correctly (it didn't) but I also noticed he had the High Elf Mutation set included in the download. I was able to equip this set and take pics. It also worked for the Seraphim's Mutation Set. What I'm hoping this means is while you will not be able to find these items normally in-game, you can download them and be able to use them in a non-CM patched game.

I was running regular Ice and Blood at the time. Though I do have the Cm patch on my pc it is currently disabled. I was hoping a few members could test this out for me. Have two tests I'd like some help with.

1) Ice and Blood and never downloaded the CM patch

2) Fallen Angel only (no expansion)

Here are the download links courtesy of Lazy Tomcat. Note: All sets are niobium level. But Dragon Brother also has some level 200 characters available for download if needed.

Seraphim Special Set

High Elf Special Set

Shadow Warrior Colossus Set

level 200 Blank Characters

All the mutation sets were meant to be in original game. But they were blank (no bonuses) and couldn't drop. This also applies to the sets from v90. All these sets were completed but not created by CM developers (their appearances and names were in game before CM). But the sets from v110 and Scourge of Lordaeron were created by CM team and aren't present in game without the CM patch.

Ah I didn't realize that....At least those who cannot use the CM patch can download some of these sets for their toons :)