After first Combat Art in Combo, starts running in place

Well the problem I'm asking about really started to bug me as of late.I started playing this game again after a long while (SP only for now, testing builds and not enough time to go into online play atm).A while back I played with a BFG seraphim or Dryad and had little issues (besides the abundance of bugs in the initial release of the game).As they were both ranged characters there was no problem.Now however I decided to go with a DW Shadow Warrior and noticed a few problems when using CAs in combos, namely Demonic Blow,Scything Sweep and Frenzied Rampage. When I gather a large enough bunch of mobs and try to hack 'em down, my char bugs...He hits the first CA in a combo and then starts running around in place like a hamster on steroids trying to hit the next CA (with 5 mobs on top of him)...Now this happens a lot and it's starting to get on my nerves, instead of hitting all 3 arts in a row,due to all that running around and switching targets it takes him forever to finish a damn combo, most of the time I have to interrupt this with another combo click and then pretty much same thing happens until I reduce the number of mobs around me...then it works fine...

Any help would be appreciated as it's driving me crazy...

My current version is 2.65.1

And another thing I forgot to mention, sometimes while trying to do a second CA in combo, he'll run away from the enemy right next him and hit him from half a screen away...

Actually, it makes the same for me at times. I've almost yelled at him many times; "hey, the enemy's that'a way!"

Same version and all CM-goodies here.

My, rather inexperinced, guess is there's something wrong with the targetting or something.

I am afraid that is just the nature of the beast. It was so bad on the consoles (due to the auto targeting) that I gave up on melee combos.

You target the first CA in the combo, but the rest target automatically. If your SW happens to target an individual in the mob that he cannot reach, he will try to run and attack that individual. That can be a problem in a swirling mob of bad guys. Your SW is still chasing the same guy but cannot ever get to him.

Different Combat Arts target differently, but I have had pretty good luck with melee combos with my Seraphim. I make sure and right-click on an enemy she can hit, and it normally works out OK.

The wiki combos page talks mostly about console combos. I will try to take a look at it and I update it for pc.

Yup, I looked up a few more threads regarding targeting and it's still a problem apparently.Now I rly don't get it,demonic blow and frenzied rampage look fine (well better at least) but the one meant for Area of Effect,scything sweep, has targeting problems and apparently a whole different targeting system as any time I put it in a combo it messes up all other CAs...Damn, looks like I will have to reroll this toon and give DB the Area of Effect dmg mod after all...

BTW just a quick question, since there still are issues the game suffers from is there a way to just mod things to fix them or at least bypass them?I remember playing DA:Origins and a lot of problems remained unaddressed until a community mod fixed them.

I have never done a SW, so I cannot comment on those Combat Arts. With my Seraphim, it is normally only a problem if I target the wrong enemy or fire a combo without having anything targeted.

The CM patch team has done some great work but (just a WAG) I think that changing how the targeting works is probably beyond what they can do.